Atlas Initial Training

Subscribe
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24 
Page 20 of 29
Go to
Quote: One of the onboarding emails states that you're not expected to complete all the CBTs prior to class. But it seems the conventional wisdom is to do so, or at least get a good head start - even if you have to go back and review. What say you sages?

Also, what sort of capacities, dimensions, figures and limits will I need to worry about? All the minutiae or just the normal "big" ones? Will these be pointed out in class? Or do I start making flash cards now?
Unless the CBTs have changed since I did them when I was hired some years ago, they contain a lot of conflicting info. My suggestion is to power through them as quickly as possible, so you can concentrate on FCOM 1 & 2, and the FOM when you start class. A few people in my new hire class didn't start the CBTs beforehand, and seemed to constantly be playing catch-up since they're such a time suck. As others have said on here, we don't have a lot of memory items. Once you get your iPad, there's an oral exam guide in Comply365. It's a good place to start prepping. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and welcome to the jungle!
Quote: One of the onboarding emails states that you're not expected to complete all the CBTs prior to class. But it seems the conventional wisdom is to do so, or at least get a good head start - even if you have to go back and review. What say you sages?

Also, what sort of capacities, dimensions, figures and limits will I need to worry about? All the minutiae or just the normal "big" ones? Will these be pointed out in class? Or do I start making flash cards now?
I would push to have the CBTs completed prior to the start of class. Then that will free up time to read the FOM, both FCOM 1 and 2. Not having the CBT anchor around your kneck in class will free up time allow you to review those manuals.

Folks didn’t have them finished or started them were basically balls deep in CBTs for the first couple weeks and in other materials.
So day one of training shirt and tie. Will people be wearing suits?
Quote: So day one of training shirt and tie. Will people be wearing suits?
Some may. The ties come off after the pictures.

Wear shirt and tie to checkrides.
767 Class for 7/12
Hello

Just got in the 767 class starting 7/12... Any one here going to be there?
Quote: Some may. The ties come off after the pictures.

Wear shirt and tie to checkrides.
How casual is business casual thereafter. Is good jeans and a polo too casual?
Quote: How casual is business casual thereafter. Is good jeans and a polo too casual?
Technically, jeans are only allowed on weekends. Collared shirts all the time. Polos are good and the norm. Slacks or khakis during the week.

Plan on this, and feel it out when you get there. I’ve seen new hires wearing jeans every day and never hear a word about it. It’s not the greatest idea since it’s against policy, though.
Jeans
Quote: How casual is business casual thereafter. Is good jeans and a polo too casual?
I’d save the jeans for free time.
Jeans are "officially" only allowed on the weekends.
For dresscodes, jeans are not business casual but can be smart casual. Kinda like jumpseating. Jeans are a no no.
Some pull it off but there are people who will send you back to the hotel if you show up in them. Then again, we had an instructor wear shorts, but he has been here for 30 years and at that point you have been here for 30 hours. Do the math.
Just do slacks and a polo. Its the industry norm anyway.
Has anyone in the 5/30 class gotten access to the CBA yet? Actually if anyone can chime in on how close to class they got that material I'd appreciate it. Is it just something you access with Comply once they you get your iPad?
10  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24 
Page 20 of 29
Go to