Vacancy

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 
Page 15 of 21
Go to
Quote: Thats what all the Boeing guys say about the Airbus crap being shoved down our throats. “Triggers and Flows! Nobody got time for dat!”
Those are not Airbus procedures. That's a general training philosophy from US Airways.
Quote: Those are not Airbus procedures. That's a general training philosophy from US Airways.
My first 135 job a decade ago was using triggers and flows. The training people there were former pan am and Eastern. They brought it with them. It's not just a USAir thing. American was in the dark ages.
Quote: Those are not Airbus procedures. That's a general training philosophy from US Airways.
I’m on my sixth 121 airplane through four airlines and every single one has had trigger and flows.
Quote: No. No. No. It's gotta be Boeing. As a matter of fact AA even introduces Boeing procedures to the Airbus side because it's always been that wAAy. Can't wait for that mechanical checklist to show up next to the DCDU!
What Boeing procedures were introduced to the Airbus? Genuinely curious. It almost seems like it’s the other way around.

Not sure why you think AA has to be all Boeing. AA has actually been a decades long Airbus customer dating back to 1987 with the A300-600. I would love to see a better mix of Boeing and AB WBs here.. unfortunately Airbus screwed the pooch with their crappy under delivering A350. The last best Airbus WB was definitely the A330, it was a shame to park those.

The mechanical checklist is an old NASA-inspired safety barrier that has paid off in spades over the years for safety. In fact, everything you get in your Airbus and Boeing ECAMs today has its origins from the mechanical checklist. It was long lauded industry wide as one of the best safety devices ever installed on transport category aircraft. Just because AA decided to use it doesn’t mean it’s “our” wAAy, it wasn’t even invented here.. It was just a good alternative to the old paper checklists before ECAMs and such took over. I still think it’s a great safety tool today (especially in the antiquated 737 cockpit)
Quote: Thats what all the Boeing guys say about the Airbus crap being shoved down our throats. “Triggers and Flows! Nobody got time for dat!”

Triggers and flows have been on Boeing aircraft for at least the last 10 years. That's how Boeing teaches pilots to operate their aircraft. AA was just way behind the times.
Quote: Triggers and flows have been on Boeing aircraft for at least the last 10 years. That's how Boeing teaches pilots to operate their aircraft. AA was just way behind the times.

AA Boeing pilots were doing triggers and flows before trigger and flows.
For anyone who thinks the mechanical checklist in the 73 is old school, let me introduce you to the mechanical checklist from the Tupolev 154.

Quote: For anyone who thinks the mechanical checklist in the 73 is old school, let me introduce you to the mechanical checklist from the Tupolev 154.

Fake news. Everyone knows Russian pilots don't use checklists.
Quote: Fake news. Everyone knows Russian pilots don't use checklists.

“In Russia checklist uses you!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Fake news. Everyone knows Russian pilots don't use checklists.
with strong Russian accent- the only pilot who doesn’t drink is the autopilot 😁
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 
Page 15 of 21
Go to