AA Regional LCAs Make More than AA 777 CAs

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 23
Go to
So with that much money they're earning now...no more flow? Hey, here's your spot in line for a job where you'll make six figures a year less! I mean, flow as an incentive or hiring gimmick is completely null and void now. This is just beyond confusing to me.
Quote: Does it say it’s compounded? Could be base rate *250% to cover both enchantment override and LCA override.
5 year LCA gets paid at 20yr pay scale so it adds up to around 430/hr either way. The way I read it, its a 100% premium to your pay scale which is 213/hr for the next 2 years.
Quote: So with that much money they're earning now...no more flow? Hey, here's your spot in line for a job where you'll make six figures a year less! I mean, flow as an incentive or hiring gimmick is completely null and void now. This is just beyond confusing to me.
Well, a year 3 FO at AA easily makes what year 20 CA at WO unless you pick up all the OT you can find and are a LCA. 213/hr is not bad for a regional CA but it's still way below legacy rates, especially with their work rules and retirement (or lack of to be more accurate).

It's a good deal for their LCAs and lifers but doubt it really curbs attrition. LCCs etc still pay better.
Quote: Well, a year 3 FO at AA easily makes what year 20 CA at WO unless you pick up all the OT you can find and are a LCA. 213/hr is not bad for a regional CA but it's still way below legacy rates, especially with their work rules and retirement (or lack of to be more accurate).

It's a good deal for their LCAs and lifers but doubt it really curbs attrition. LCCs etc still pay better.
True. Bubbas at the top 1/3 may/will be less inclined to move on.
Quote: 5 year LCA gets paid at 20yr pay scale so it adds up to around 430/hr either way. The way I read it, its a 100% premium to your pay scale which is 213/hr for the next 5 years.
The enhanced pay is only until August 2024. After that it drops to 147.50 per hour at year 20 pay. So this is designed to stem the bleeding for 2 years. AA probably thinks chances for a recession are high and they won’t have the same retention issues 2 years from now.
Quote: 5 year LCA gets paid at 20yr pay scale so it adds up to around 430/hr either way. The way I read it, its a 100% premium to your pay scale which is 213/hr for the next 5 years.
Piedmont thread says max pay is $143 at year 20. 250% override covers both LCA and enhancement override. $143*2.5 is $357, still awesome. I wouldn’t believe they are compounded unless there is an example saying they are.
Quote: Piedmont thread says max pay is $143 at year 20. 250% override covers both LCA and enhancement override. $143*2.5 is $357, still awesome. I wouldn’t believe they are compounded unless there is an example saying they are.
The Envoy comm says 100pct override to current rate of pay, which is 213/hr for the next 2 years (not sure why I said 5 before).
interesting to see what interpretation is the correct one.
Quote: 5 year LCA gets paid at 20yr pay scale so it adds up to around 430/hr either way. The way I read it, its a 100% premium to your pay scale which is 213/hr for the next 2 years.
Don’t forget the accelerated pay at PSA (125% above 75 hours and 150% above 85 hours). This could become extremely lucrative for someone.
Quote: The enhanced pay is only until August 2024. After that it drops to 147.50 per hour at year 20 pay. So this is designed to stem the bleeding for 2 years. AA probably thinks chances for a recession are high and they won’t have the same retention issues 2 years from now.
You are correct its 2 years not 5.
Hope pilots can do math and realize losing 2 years of seniority at a non regional carrier is worth much more than the 50-100k they make under this deal.
Quote: 5 year LCA gets paid at 20yr pay scale so it adds up to around 430/hr either way. The way I read it, its a 100% premium to your pay scale which is 213/hr for the next 2 years.
Then add on some 300% super critical OT coverage.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 23
Go to