Slyweezy starting a Part 135

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 12 of 14
Go to
Quote: You’re talking about an air carrier doing it. The crux is- why? To circumvent pay. To circumvent Colgen. Pay your pilots and attrition stops. Then you fly the routes like many last years. What changed? Attrition. What can control that? Money. Easier to circumvent I guess.

ALPA knows a thing or two about air carrier safety. Pilots always know more then the company about those sorta things.
Attrition dropped off a cliff when people began traveling again and mainline opened the hiring flood gates. Paying regional pilots more won’t stop them from going to mainline. The only reason most people go to a regional is to go to mainline. So, paying them more will have little effect on longevity IMO. Not in todays hiring climate.
Quote: Attrition dropped off a cliff when people began traveling again and mainline opened the hiring flood gates. Paying regional pilots more won’t stop them from going to mainline. The only reason most people go to a regional is to go to mainline. So, paying them more will have little effect on longevity IMO. Not in todays hiring climate.
It the pay and benefits were the same at the regionals as the mainlines a lot fewer pilots would move. Everyone is so used to regional pilots being paid so little that they naturally leave for greener pastures. The current model doesn't work. 7 years ago regionals were still starting pilots off at 23 per hour which was equivalent to about $11 per working hour. People could not afford to invest to become pilots to make 11 per hour. Now the airlines need those people who never became pilots.

I don't know exactly what the new business model will be but it will call for a lot fewer regional planes and a lot higher pay scale.
Has OO started hiring for this yet?
Quote: Attrition dropped off a cliff when people began traveling again and mainline opened the hiring flood gates. Paying regional pilots more won’t stop them from going to mainline. The only reason most people go to a regional is to go to mainline. So, paying them more will have little effect on longevity IMO. Not in todays hiring climate.
I’m told commuting to reserve at NK > living in base at OO. Fix that and I think you’ve got pilots staffing everything. Isn’t mainline metering?
Quote: It the pay and benefits were the same at the regionals as the mainlines a lot fewer pilots would move. Everyone is so used to regional pilots being paid so little that they naturally leave for greener pastures. The current model doesn't work. 7 years ago regionals were still starting pilots off at 23 per hour which was equivalent to about $11 per working hour. People could not afford to invest to become pilots to make 11 per hour. Now the airlines need those people who never became pilots.

I don't know exactly what the new business model will be but it will call for a lot fewer regional planes and a lot higher pay scale.
This is the reality now.
Quote: Here is a news source:

https://www.aviacionline.com/2022/07...ays-petitions/

ALPA needs to mind their business and keep their nose out of where it doesn't belong. They do not represent either Sky West or Republic pilots and it is crystal clear with this nonsense of ALPA stepping out of it's lane that it doesn't want to do anything to help solve an industry problem, but only make it worse. Typical libs.
do you always sound like an idiot?
Of course it was domino that replied to sonic flyer.
I’ve also heard commuting to an ULCC is better then living in base for OO. I think this will still ring true after the new pay rates come out. The fact that it’s taking so long to be revealed is pretty telling to how the company values you and you staying here.
Slyweezy starting a Part 135
Quote: I’ve also heard commuting to an ULCC is better then living in base for OO. I think this will still ring true after the new pay rates come out. The fact that it’s taking so long to be revealed is pretty telling to how the company values you and you staying here.

OO is banking on a big recession
Quote: OO is banking on a big recession

1000%! We had a garbage holiday travel season, the first four days of January we averaged something like 20% cancellation rate, sure it was because of "COVID" but if we were even close to appropriately staffed we would have had much lower numbers. So we've known about the problem for 7 months, and we are still waiting ANOTHER "month or two" -- that means two months btw -- just to have a pay package to consider. Said package will be ****, and we may very well vote it down like the second to last one, and not see a dime of any raise til end of the year.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 12 of 14
Go to