FUPM

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Quote: Couple of fun rumor mill
nuggets:

-ALPA is filing a wage theft grievance for this very reason.

-new contract will have all reroutes pay premium. Evidently it’s cheaper than all the manpower/thrash of figuring out (incorrectly) which reroutes should pay and which shouldn’t.

discuss.
They wouldn’t pay all reroutes at premium. They would claim greedy pilots are trying to ruin their flexibility. And would cost them too much. Their ability to claim IROP over every rain cloud also needs tightened.
Quote: They wouldn’t pay all reroutes at premium. They would claim greedy pilots are trying to ruin their flexibility. And would cost them too much. Their ability to claim IROP over every rain cloud also needs tightened.
I have taken a snapshot of your post for future reference.
Quote: Earlier this month I had a generic 2-day WS request in. The company covered it with my name (it was a maintenance ferry), then immediately NOOP'ed it before ARCOS even started ringing, then pay protected me for it with no recovery obligation. I didn't see any of it until I logged into iCrew a couple of hours later. 10.30 pay literally for having a pulse and a WS request in.

There's lots of this going on due to the vast inexperience of the scheduling folks. Of course for every "windfall" like mine there's serioius shortchanging going on as well. I'm not diminishing the concerns at all.

But sometimes, "with chaos there is opportunity" and sometimes their mistakes lead to some extra coin for us.
Have you ever been overpaid? Have you ever been underpaid? Which happens more frequently? They are both errors and unacceptable. One benefits the company, the other benefits the pilot if not caught. Do you see a need for change? IMHO the company doesn't.
Quote: I have taken a snapshot of your post for future reference.
Future reference when you’re admitting he was right maybe.
Quote: Future reference when you’re admitting he was right maybe.
I’m curious at to what the poster meant as well.

If all reroutes pay premium, I’ll eat my hat. And then I can never wear it again. So win win.
Quote: I’m curious at to what the poster meant as well.

If all reroutes pay premium, I’ll eat my hat. And then I can never wear it again. So win win.

Good luck finding it to eat it in the first place
What's a HAT?
Quote: What's a HAT?
You win the internet today.
Quote: Good luck finding it to eat it in the first place
That’s true, pretty sure it’s somewhere in the closet….
Quote: Have you ever been overpaid? Have you ever been underpaid? Which happens more frequently? They are both errors and unacceptable. One benefits the company, the other benefits the pilot if not caught. Do you see a need for change? IMHO the company doesn't.
You said "give us an example of a windfall". I did exactly that. I see my example as a windfall, albeit a "getting pay protected due to company error " vs "got mistakenly overpaid". Now you seem irritated about it. That doesn't change the fact that there's plenty of errors shorting pilots, but that wasn't what I was addressing.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to