C066 Update

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 36
Go to
Quote: Someone else said they didn't want the vote put out, and it's odd that the Treasurer brought it up and made the strike vote a point of differentiation. I just found that an interesting point they chose to make and it adds to what others have stated. Maybe they mean some were reluctant but followed along?
From what I've heard, he was pushing back because he wanted to wait until after the next negotiating session because, based on reluctant participation in the Lanyard and Hat campaign, he was worried he'd blow our one shot. He still voted for it.

And what's most sad is that conversation was leaked from closed session by one of the other councils. We need people in the room who aren't afraid to share their opinion without fear that it might be leaked and used against them. I don't want group think in the MEC.
Quote: 3536080[/url]]From what I've heard, he was pushing back because he wanted to wait until after the next negotiating session because, based on reluctant participation in the Lanyard and Hat campaign, he was worried he'd blow our one shot. He still voted for it.

And what's most sad is that conversation was leaked from closed session by one of the other councils. We need people in the room who aren't afraid to share their opinion without fear that it might be leaked and used against them. I don't want group think in the MEC.
One good thing about a split MEC is that it requires debate and compromise between reps which hopefully sharpens the blade and leads to more sound strategy. Of course all the debate and infighting could just as easily dull the blade if the proper culture isn’t fostered between the reps. I’m hoping for the best once the tantrums are over.
Quote: From what I've heard, he was pushing back because he wanted to wait until after the next negotiating session because, based on reluctant participation in the Lanyard and Hat campaign, he was worried he'd blow our one shot. He still voted for it.

I agree but you should stand by your decision and explain it, not hide behind closed doors.
Quote: I agree but you should stand by your decision and explain it, not hide behind closed doors.
He did. He voted to authorize the strike ballot after what I'm sure was a spirited debate. Some little people can have their minds changed after listening to all sides of the argument.
I love this little gem from Kramer’s rant:

”..I tried to explain to Marc that he represents C66 pilots, and it was his duty to vote in the pilots’ best interest, the way the pilots wanted him to, and many would be very unhappy if he didn’t..”

Kramer would know, having voted against LOAs 20-03 and 20-04.

When Team Stupid whines about unity, they mean unanimity. They expect everyone else to indulge their math-free fantasies.
Quote: Are you in the ATL area?
No. Not even close. And I had never met nor talked to any of the reps in question before said conversation.

I'm not saying your guy's experience didn't happen, just that it's not some big conspiracy.
Quote: I love this little gem from Kramer’s rant:

”..I tried to explain to Marc that he represents C66 pilots, and it was his duty to vote in the pilots’ best interest, the way the pilots wanted him to, and many would be very unhappy if he didn’t..”

Kramer would know, having voted against LOAs 20-03 and 20-04.

When Team Stupid whines about unity, they mean unanimity. They expect everyone else to indulge their math-free fantasies.

Quote:
Everyone is crazy except me and thee, and sometimes I have my doubts about thee.
Just to be clear: You guys are OK with a guy that hasn't turned a wheel in almost a year being the MEC chairman. Is that correct?
Quote: Just to be clear: You guys are OK with a guy that hasn't turned a wheel in almost a year being the MEC chairman. Is that correct?
I’m not, but they let Air Force wing commanders with less flight time than a senior captain run the place. It won’t matter, ALPA will just circle the wagons like DePete.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 36
Go to