Jacket Poll

Subscribe
View Poll Results: After November 1st, I'll be wearing the...
Single-breasted jacket
42.96%
Double-breasted jacket
57.04%
Voters: 419. You may not vote on this poll
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 11 of 19
Go to
Quote: Yeah, they all got their jobs back. I'm sure the union went in there and just demanded them get their jobs back and there was NOTHING that the company wanted for them to return. Just, union flexes muscle, company backs down.
Other than TA 1... Yeah that's laughable.
Quote: Other than TA 1... Yeah that's laughable.
TA1 was in 2015. The SC pilot debacle was 2 years later, in 2017.
Quote: I'm not going to complain, I'm not a millennial

No one is going to yank anyone off a trip for not wearing the hat.

We had a group of folks get fired over SC, all but one got their jobs back. So there's precedent.

Also, think outside the box. A simple doctors note is all you need. Have it entered into your "file" and Bobs your uncle. ADA is broad reaching law and Delta knows that.

So, again, I'm not putting the hat on again - ever.

<echoes the sound of Fangs' head exploding>
I’ll pile in here. Just wow.
Quote: I’ll pile in here. Just wow.
HK gets a mandatory time out and comes back guns a blazing.
Quote: I think it’s a stretch to think what they said will allow lightweight jackets at all. Sounds like political pandering to me, saying something specifically vague and not promising anything.
sounds like how they were talking about changing the facial hair rule a year ago and then never mentioned it again.
Quote: I'm not going to complain, I'm not a millennial

No one is going to yank anyone off a trip for not wearing the hat.

We had a group of folks get fired over SC, all but one got their jobs back. So there's precedent.

Also, think outside the box. A simple doctors note is all you need. Have it entered into your "file" and Bobs your uncle. ADA is broad reaching law and Delta knows that.

So, again, I'm not putting the hat on again - ever.

<echoes the sound of Fangs' head exploding>

why are you talking about anyone being fired?

you will be taken off the trip with no remaining pay - that’s what I wrote.
trust me it’ll fix your “never ever” right up
Quote: HK gets a mandatory time out and comes back guns a blazing.

And why do you care?

Best I can tell your post ratio here is untouchable by anyone in this millennia in these forums.

You joined in July 2013. For the benefit of the doubt I'll say it was 1 July (gives you a more favorable denominator for my calculation)

Today is 16 March 2023.

So that's 3546 days inclusive. Your total post count is 8245 as of this writing. So your ratio is 1:2.3 - that is 2.3 avg posts per day for the last 3546 days. Granted not all at once, but it gives some insight to the shear amount of time you spend on here blathering about mostly inconsequential hair splitting on what someone else has posted.

What is it you really do? I'm curious.
Quote: why are you talking about anyone being fired?

you will be taken off the trip with no remaining pay - that’s what I wrote.
trust me it’ll fix your “never ever” right up
If pilots continued to go hatless here in large numbers (even 50%), then it would be a battle that management simply could not win.

It’s worked for pilots at many other carriers before us. Those carriers never engaged in mass terminations when their pilots quit wearing hats. Neither would Delta. Having a trip removed with no pay should be a deterrent to nobody here, particularly under current staffing levels.
Quote: I noticed that they are "updating," the hat. No mention of a free replacement.
And why can't they even leak a picture of this thing? Did they and I missed it?
Quote: And why do you care?

Best I can tell your post ratio here is untouchable by anyone in this millennia in these forums.

You joined in July 2013. For the benefit of the doubt I'll say it was 1 July (gives you a more favorable denominator for my calculation)

Today is 16 March 2023.

So that's 3546 days inclusive. Your total post count is 8245 as of this writing. So your ratio is 1:2.3 - that is 2.3 avg posts per day for the last 3546 days. Granted not all at once, but it gives some insight to the shear amount of time you spend on here blathering about mostly inconsequential hair splitting on what someone else has posted.

What is it you really do? I'm curious.
Hey pot, you've been on APC for 60 days and average 4 posts a day including your 2 week bad boy time out.
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 11 of 19
Go to