Ameriflight

Subscribe
350  400  440  446  447  448  449  450  451  452  453  454  460  500  550 
Page 450 of 567
Go to
Quote: We bring in VFR Chieftains at 750TT and only for our ABQ base.
We're retiring Chieftains and will likely have an all-turbine fleet by the end of this year, but still using VFR Chieftains until then.
(All VFR Chieftain pilots will be transitioned to BE99 Captains.)
Well, there goes that plan. Will ABQ stay BE99 heavy or do you see an opportunity to bring in some of the other airframes for FO opportunities?
Quote: Well, there goes that plan. Will ABQ stay BE99 heavy or do you see an opportunity to bring in some of the other airframes for FO opportunities?
We have ACP FO opportunities in our BE99s in ABQ.
Also, we are seeing some demand to upgrade routes, so that's an option, as well!
Quote: Can somebody provide a sample schedule for PHX and/or DFW (typical routes, flight times)? I am assuming its BE-99 for new hires.
I don't have the PHX schedule but I can tell you about DFW. There are two BE99 runs out of DFW. They both operate from Monday evening through Friday morning. Tu-Th they operate out to their outstations and layover at a hotel. The run to Pampa TX logs about 16-18 hours per week and the run to Vernon TX logs roughly 10-12 hours per week.
What’s an average amount of flight time one can expect a month? I’m looking to go the 135 route, but also want to a good amount of hours a month and quality flying under my belt.
SLC
Since we're on the topic of bases, SLC looks like a good one looking in from the outside. It appears to have a diverse route structure and fleet based on the route map and job openings. From what I can see, a pilot can start in a 99 and progress all the way to the 120 if he/she so desired. Can anyone elaborate on this base? I'm specifically interested in a BE99 position/routes/schedule.

Thanks.
Quote: What’s an average amount of flight time one can expect a month? I’m looking to go the 135 route, but also want to a good amount of hours a month and quality flying under my belt.
Their job postings advertise an average of 60 hours per month or 720/year.
Quote: Since we're on the topic of bases, SLC looks like a good one looking in from the outside. It appears to have a diverse route structure and fleet based on the route map and job openings. From what I can see, a pilot can start in a 99 and progress all the way to the 120 if he/she so desired. Can anyone elaborate on this base? I'm specifically interested in a BE99 position/routes/schedule.

Thanks.
Yes, the BE99 is entry level in SLC, then with more hours you can progress to the SA227 or BE1900, and then on to the E120. They had openings for all 4 fleet types in SLC on the last bid.

The BE99 routes are about 2 to 5 hours a day depending on the run. I did more than the aforementioned advertised annual average last year.

Show times are 530 for UPS, 615 for Fed Ex, and either 500 (monday) or 700 for DHL (a half hour earlier if you have to pick up your plane from the MX hangar). All of the routes except for the SGU 1900 and RXE BE99 have a layover. On the PM side you will pick up a load and arrive back in SLC around 1800 to 1930 depending on the run. The Fed Ex E120 is the only AMF route that currently operates on Saturdays out of SLC.

The base has had a rough couple years with the pilot shortage and management turnover being significant issues. The new base manager has been with AMF almost a year, and I think pretty much everyone would agree, he's very easy going and well liked.
Quote: Yes, the BE99 is entry level in SLC, then with more hours you can progress to the SA227 or BE1900, and then on to the E120. They had openings for all 4 fleet types in SLC on the last bid.

The BE99 routes are about 2 to 5 hours a day depending on the run. I did more than the aforementioned advertised annual average last year.

Show times are 530 for UPS, 615 for Fed Ex, and either 500 (monday) or 700 for DHL (a half hour earlier if you have to pick up your plane from the MX hangar). All of the routes except for the SGU 1900 and RXE BE99 have a layover. On the PM side you will pick up a load and arrive back in SLC around 1800 to 1930 depending on the run. The Fed Ex E120 is the only AMF route that currently operates on Saturdays out of SLC.

The base has had a rough couple years with the pilot shortage and management turnover being significant issues. The new base manager has been with AMF almost a year, and I think pretty much everyone would agree, he's very easy going and well liked.
OwnNav, thanks for the information. I'm aiming for the July class and SLC is on my radar for a base. I've noticed job openings for SLC often on the website and was wondering if the turnover rate for SLC was either a management issue or rough schedules. Nonetheless, its a base where I can still be in the Northwest.
Quote: OwnNav, thanks for the information. I'm aiming for the July class and SLC is on my radar for a base. I've noticed job openings for SLC often on the website and was wondering if the turnover rate for SLC was either a management issue or rough schedules. Nonetheless, its a base where I can still be in the Northwest.
I'm not convinced that the rate at which pilots leave the base is much different than years past. Schedules are harder with fewer pilots, but then again, most are here to build time and will move on when they have the opportunity.

Higher wages and bonuses have kept a few people around longer than they normally would have, but still, very few will make a career out of this job.

Looking at the other side of things, look how many programs have started in the last few years to entice new recruits. The ACP program, home basing, gateway programs, Epic academy's zero debt flight training... the shortage, to me, seems heavily toward the incoming side.
Quote: I'm not convinced that the rate at which pilots leave the base is much different than years past. Schedules are harder with fewer pilots, but then again, most are here to build time and will move on when they have the opportunity.

Higher wages and bonuses have kept a few people around longer than they normally would have, but still, very few will make a career out of this job.

Looking at the other side of things, look how many programs have started in the last few years to entice new recruits. The ACP program, home basing, gateway programs, Epic academy's zero debt flight training... the shortage, to me, seems heavily toward the incoming side.
I can definitely see it being an issue on both sides. Pilots will stick around for better schedules, better schedules happen with more pilots, but the pilots keep leaving for better schedules...and on and on. It's gotta be difficult bringing in new hires with the regionals upping their offers. I'd rather fly freight. I'm drawn toward the older turboprop planes for some reason.
350  400  440  446  447  448  449  450  451  452  453  454  460  500  550 
Page 450 of 567
Go to