Info on Ryan International?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 4 of 7
Go to
Classes cancelled
B767 class of July has been cancelled. MD80 June 4 class cancelled.
PM myself and I could dheck out what happened. I use to work there
ive been seeing ryan in hnl. what contract is that?
Quote: ive been seeing ryan in hnl. what contract is that?
Not sure but they've been doing NRT turns for about two weeks. The plane is N763BK and its been using RYN6762/6763 numbers. All I know though. Could it be some type of Air Japan sub-service?
Duty Rig?
The Ryan page on APC says "1 for 2 duty rig". What does that mean?
Quote: The Ryan page on APC says "1 for 2 duty rig". What does that mean?
1 minute of pay for 2 minutes of duty. In other words, a 50% duty rig.
I still don't understand what a "duty rig" is then. Why would would getting paid 50% be a good thing?
Simplified version: You get paid for duty time, not just flying time. A 14 hour duty day with 3 hours of flight time is worth 7 hours pay. Without the rig you would be paid 3 hours.
Hetman said it well, but to further explain how it works, I'll expound on it. Most contracts have credits for all kinds of things; actual time, scheduled time, deadheading, reserve credit, so on and so on. A duty rig credits you, in this case 50% of the time spent on duty, whether you are flying, sitting, or deadheading. Of all those credits, our contract pays us the higher of them all. So, as Hetman said, if you fly for 3 hours, and then break or have a scheduled layover that is extensive, you will get credited for that time on duty, at a rate of 50%. It's also good for when traveling long distances on a commercial ticket. Our DH credit gives us 50% of the flights times, but the duty rig adds to that all your show times, layovers between flights, and time after the flight arrives. So most times the duty rig will trump deadheading pay. A duty rig is a very good thing, it has accounted for more pay to me more times than I could count.

I will say, our current contract originally had a horrible duty rig scale that didn't credit you very much until you got in to the very long duty days. At some point early on we were able to negotiate an LOA to implement the 1 for 2 duty rig as a result of a successful grievance. One less thing for the next negotiations!
Ryan getting Airbus 330s ?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 4 of 7
Go to