We are dying up here! ALPA HELP!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 12
Go to
Quote:
Wake up everyone. ALPA is not a Union. ALPA is an Association.
....edited to avoid union thugs beating me to a pulp.

oh--sorry, fella. I meant "association" thugs.

Give me a break.
The goal for the Midwest pilot group is to stay in the cockpit. When we sign a new contract for the emb 170 or 190,the Delta pilots better watch out, because we will be doing the outsourcing of your jobs. Everything that is going on at Midwest is about the 100 seat market. That is the reality. Do we like it? No. Can we stop it? No. Will we do it? Yes. We have no choice. Our backs are up against the wall with a bullet to our heads. What would you do?
Quote: The goal for the Midwest pilot group is to stay in the cockpit. When we sign a new contract for the emb 170 or 190,the Delta pilots better watch out, because we will be doing the outsourcing of your jobs.
Just curious how you intend to get around the scope clause. Or are you intending to operate them as a DCI carrier in the 76 seat configuration?
We do not have a scope clause with Delta. We can fly anything from a 50 seat RJ to a 747.
Quote: We do not have a scope clause with Delta. We can fly anything from a 50 seat RJ to a 747.
So then, what did you mean by this post?

Quote: When we sign a new contract for the emb 170 or 190,the Delta pilots better watch out, because we will be doing the outsourcing of your jobs.
The only thing I infer from this is a threat to operate the aircraft for Delta. What else do you mean by "outsourcing of your jobs?"
Quote: We do not have a scope clause with Delta. We can fly anything from a 50 seat RJ to a 747.
deleted. not worth it
Quote: The goal for the Midwest pilot group is to stay in the cockpit. When we sign a new contract for the emb 170 or 190,the Delta pilots better watch out, because we will be doing the outsourcing of your jobs. Everything that is going on at Midwest is about the 100 seat market. That is the reality. Do we like it? No. Can we stop it? No. Will we do it? Yes. We have no choice. Our backs are up against the wall with a bullet to our heads. What would you do?
You are absolutely correct that this is about 100 seat pay rates and work rules (which are equally important) but there is something you can do about it and it may come to finding out who is willing to cross a picket line. Even the furloughed pilots are in support of taking a stand against this attrocity.
Midwest is a stand alone company. Since Delta owns a part of us, their management could use us to replace their MD80 flying. We would do it for less money. Will that happen? I don't know. Could it happen, yes.
Quote: Midwest is a stand alone company. Since Delta owns a part of us, their management could use us to replace their MD80 flying. We would do it for less money. Will that happen? I don't know. Could it happen, yes.
Could it happen, NO. Do you really believe that there is not a restriction in our contract which prevents management from doing exactly that?
If the Midwest Pilot group goes on strike, we are done. They will add more Republic planes and crews to offset the 9 717's that would be parked. That's why are backs are up against the wall with a bullet to our heads.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 12
Go to