Spirit of NKS

Subscribe
250  750  1150  1200  1240  1246  1247  1248  1249  1250  1251  1252  1253  1254  1260  1300  1350 
Page 1250 of 1412
Go to
Quote: Anyone here now will be over 4 years seniority and a captain by the time we have a TA. Little harder to pull the trigger at that point
Ahahahaha. Nooooooo
Stop that cynicism
Improving 'awful' isn't airline collusion: Experts

DOJ is outta line on this one
Quote: Improving 'awful' isn't airline collusion: Experts

DOJ is outta line on this one
Think I agree with you. There probably isn't active collusion, it's probably just a natural shaking out of the way things are going with four major airlines.
Quote: If that happens you will see large numbers of pilot attrition. Also followed by 1500 hour new hires.
Looks like some of us won't be going anywhere soon. Word is, DAL and UAL ALPA are not happy with Spirit helping the company. It just got harder for a Spirit pilot to get hired at either place.

Thanks a lot boys, I hope Juri loves you long time!
Quote: Looks like some of us won't be going anywhere soon. Word is, DAL and UAL ALPA are not happy with Spirit helping the company. It just got harder for a Spirit pilot to get hired at either place.

Give me a break. They don't care and probably don't even know what's going on here. If Alpa on any scale outside the airline level cared about what happened at other airlines then we would be a national union not an association and you wouldn't have the Alpa president signing concessionary TAs at the regional level during a fukcing pilot shortage.
Quote: Looks like some of us won't be going anywhere soon. Word is, DAL and UAL ALPA are not happy with Spirit helping the company. It just got harder for a Spirit pilot to get hired at either place.

Getting the pay up to parity would be a good start. Vote no and keep voting no until we get industry standard. Why would we agree to fly A320 aircraft for far less than other airlines represented by ALPA.

As far as I'm concerned; ALPA should have this policy. If you fly an A320 then this is your pay scale period. If you fly a B757 then this is your pay scale period. I will look at Delta and United's ALPA negotiated pay when I vote.

DAL and UAL ALPA can kiss my a$$! Let's talk about concessionary contracts and helping out their companies. Let's talk about our ALPA dues going to support their companies fight against international competition. So frickin tired of hearing about delta and United. And those that want to leave for delta and United I say good riddance don't let the door hit you on the way out. Having ALPA negotiate pay rates across the industry is a good idea.
Quote: DAL and UAL ALPA can kiss my a$$! Let's talk about concessionary contracts and helping out their companies. Let's talk about our ALPA dues going to support their companies fight against international competition. So frickin tired of hearing about delta and United. And those that want to leave for delta and United I say good riddance don't let the door hit you on the way out. Having ALPA negotiate pay rates across the industry is a good idea.
You are way off base. An airline like Spirit sucks more ALPA resources than we contribute in dues. The big dues payers like Delta and Fedex put in far more than they extract.

Yes, I'm a Spirit captain and yes I would like to have the door hit me on the way out to Delta or United.
Quote: You are way off base. An airline like Spirit sucks more ALPA resources than we contribute in dues. The big dues payers like Delta and Fedex put in far more than they extract.

Yes, I'm a Spirit captain and yes I would like to have the door hit me on the way out to Delta or United.

Is that like me wishing I won't the lottery (but never buy tickets?), or are you actively applying and trying to leave here?
Quote: You are way off base. An airline like Spirit sucks more ALPA resources than we contribute in dues. The big dues payers like Delta and Fedex put in far more than they extract.

I'm sure you will do fine....as long as you werent in OCC last week. Their alpa hiring committee has your name if you were there. You will get the interview but won't get the job.
250  750  1150  1200  1240  1246  1247  1248  1249  1250  1251  1252  1253  1254  1260  1300  1350 
Page 1250 of 1412
Go to