Spirit of NKS

Subscribe
354  854  1254  1304  1344  1350  1351  1352  1353  1354  1355  1356  1357  1358  1364  1404 
Page 1354 of 1412
Go to
Quote: THats what I'm sayin'. I may not prefer the long international flights, but if we're going to be packing in the pax on our 321s that other airlines pack in on their 757s, we need to have pay rates that reflect that. Pay rates that reflect the fact that we are a mature, very profitable and growing airline. I'm no fool to think we're going to be rolling in American pay rates, but we better be awfully close.
All good right up to the last sentence. Management does a good enough job at lowering expectations, let's not do it to ourselves.
Quote: All good right up to the last sentence. Management does a good enough job at lowering expectations, let's not do it to ourselves.
What happens when they say "no"?, we throw a tantrum, kick and scream, effing NC, effing Mec, effing mgmt. 5 more years go by the make a killing, we loose more money. I believe we ALL know by now that to get those pay rates we have to sell our first born (4 days off).
Quote: THats what I'm sayin'. I may not prefer the long international flights, but if we're going to be packing in the pax on our 321s that other airlines pack in on their 757s, we need to have pay rates that reflect that. Pay rates that reflect the fact that we are a mature, very profitable and growing airline. I'm no fool to think we're going to be rolling in American pay rates, but we better be awfully close.

I don't understand why you think you shouldn't be paid American rates?

Your a pilot right? Does American fly a 321? Does Spirit? Are both airlines turning a profit?
Quote: I don't understand why you think you shouldn't be paid American rates?

Your a pilot right? Does American fly a 321? Does Spirit? Are both airlines turning a profit?
American is not paying their pilots based on the amount that the 321s make for them, I'm sure their whole labor costs are spread across their whole fleet, which we don't have. I do think we should be paid as best as we can, but Remember pay rates aren't everything, but ours are woefully low.
Quote: What happens when they say "no"?, we throw a tantrum, kick and scream, effing NC, effing Mec, effing mgmt. 5 more years go by the make a killing, we loose more money. I believe we ALL know by now that to get those pay rates we have to sell our first born (4 days off).
Let's not make any assumptions. We lose all leverage when we do that. Its a negotiation.
Quote: What happens when they say "no"?, we throw a tantrum, kick and scream, effing NC, effing Mec, effing mgmt. 5 more years go by the make a killing, we loose more money. I believe we ALL know by now that to get those pay rates we have to sell our first born (4 days off).
This is exactly right. I agree our rates should be as high as possible too. However, you take any significant gain immediately versus some ridiculously protracted negotiation. To vote no because our rates aren't industry leading would be silly. Time-value-money! As long as we make significant gains across the board, that's a win for us.
Ask the legacy US Airways guys how well the stopping of their feet worked for them? They've left MILLIONS on the table over the years because they didn't get their way. Dougie Parker and his cronies laughed all the way to the country club with the pilot's money paying their memberships.
Quote: This is exactly right. I agree our rates should be as high as possible too. However, you take any significant gain immediately versus some ridiculously protracted negotiation. To vote no because our rates aren't industry leading would be silly. Time-value-money! As long as we make significant gains across the board, that's a win for us.
Ask the legacy US Airways guys how well the stopping of their feet worked for them? They've left MILLIONS on the table over the years because they didn't get their way. Dougie Parker and his cronies laughed all the way to the country club with the pilot's money paying their memberships.
Well then why not tell your NC to offer same contract with inflation raises and get the company on board right away.
Like everything in life, there is rarely black and white but much grey area in between.
Quote: Well then why not tell your NC to offer same contract with inflation raises and get the company on board right away.
Like everything in life, there is rarely black and white but much grey area in between.
I've spoken to the NC about what I consider acceptable, have you? I completed the surveys and actually talked to some of the members as well.
Quote: American is not paying their pilots based on the amount that the 321s make for them, I'm sure their whole labor costs are spread across their whole fleet, which we don't have.
I should think that would put us at somewhat of an advantage, if anything. Our management is not burdened with having to maintain all those various aircraft types and their related costs (training programs, parts inventories etc).
ACY Base Rumor
Rumor - ACY Flight Attendant shared with me all Open Time for ACY Flight Attendants 'disappeared' off FLICA. Stated all Open Time went to FLL. Bendo was spotted in Linda's office, ACY Crew Trailer. When Linda was asked why Bendo was there, she said, "There are changes coming."

UPDATE - From an ACY Flight Attendant, "Most OpenTime did disappear yesterday. But we have no coverage, and most days were negative numbers on the reserves. FLL had 200 reserves this month. I just checked and some trips are back in ACY OpenTime.
Linda stated we were getting a new crew room back in the terminal, and being moved out of the trailer."
354  854  1254  1304  1344  1350  1351  1352  1353  1354  1355  1356  1357  1358  1364  1404 
Page 1354 of 1412
Go to