Spirit of NKS

Subscribe
385  435  475  481  482  483  484  485  486  487  488  489  495  535  585  985 
Page 485 of 1412
Go to
One in December, two in January next year.
DTW can probably be held within 5-6 months. Most junior DTW fo is May 21,2012 hire date. Senior at the top but junior at the bottom. Last award (jan '13) had new hires going to ACY, FLL and LAS. Prob get our new base DFW fairly quick as well.

Hope this helps.
I saw the ospecs. All aircrafts are flying revenue as of the 7th of this month. We are back in full mode.
Quote: I saw the ospecs. All aircrafts are flying revenue as of the 7th of this month. We are back in full mode.
"Esplain" What do you mean by full mode?
Probably referring about the FAA seat reconstruction program, (2 planes down a mo).

Lesson learn, we hope.

Moving on, employee website (pilots w/o other dep krap), better CS response, EFB, AQP, KCM, better ID-90 choices, etc.

But at least we are moving.
On another note, JH letter about alpo talks, specifically JM...I don't understand, if they can't cover trips, JM limited to 2 a month, 5 a yr, why can't the offer other kind of premium (not going to say it), instead of hiring more people and having 72 hr hard lines?
Quote: On another note, JH letter about alpo talks, specifically JM...I don't understand, if they can't cover trips, JM limited to 2 a month, 5 a yr, why can't the offer other kind of premium (not going to say it), instead of hiring more people and having 72 hr hard lines?
Because it's not fair for a certain kiwi or a certain FLL Captain to credit more than 150 hours a month, so the union wants to shut down the disparity. .....And....The company loathes paying any premium pay.

Leaving us with a win - win. No pilot credits too much, and payroll doesn't have to pay any premium pay. What's not to like?
Quote: I saw the ospecs. All aircrafts are flying revenue as of the 7th of this month. We are back in full mode.
Look closer. We are still restricted. There is a ** next to two tail numbers on the list. Every number is listed but the two with the ** are restricted from performing revenue service. It's opspec D085 for those not in the know. The page I looked at was dated 10/24/2012. Did you see a more current revision?

<- post #69! ;-)

PS the plural of aircraft is aircraft Jose ;-)
Quote:
Quote: On another note, JH letter about alpo talks, specifically JM...I don't understand, if they can't cover trips, JM limited to 2 a month, 5 a yr, why can't the offer other kind of premium (not going to say it), instead of hiring more people and having 72 hr hard lines?

Because it's not fair for a certain kiwi or a certain FLL Captain to credit more than 150 hours a month, so the union wants to shut down the disparity. .....And....The company loathes paying any premium pay.

Leaving us with a win - win. No pilot credits too much, and payroll doesn't have to pay any premium pay. What's not to like?
I understand, we signed a contract, we go by it.

But if NK is short covering trips, as he mentions on the letter, why can they come to an agreement with ALPO on a premium pay for those who are wiling to stay in the salt mine during their time off. And avoid over hiring people.
Quote: Because it's not fair for a certain kiwi or a certain FLL Captain to credit more than 150 hours a month, so the union wants to shut down the disparity. .....And....The company loathes paying any premium pay.

How is paying people 150 hours per month not premium pay? Are you saying that as long as payroll doesn't have to call it JA or 150, it's not premium and are therefor pleased?
385  435  475  481  482  483  484  485  486  487  488  489  495  535  585  985 
Page 485 of 1412
Go to