Spirit of NKS

Subscribe
418  818  868  908  914  915  916  917  918  919  920  921  922  928  968  1018 
Page 918 of 1412
Go to
For those wanting the company to acknowledge the holidays, check your email.
Quote: For those wanting the company to acknowledge the holidays, check your email.
That was rough to see...
Quote: Get in line. I've been waiting for the Orlando base for almost 8 years!

AMEN! Lets protest, lie down on taxiways and close airports until they give in to our demands! MCO next crew base!
lol! Seattle next crew base. I'm in.
Quote: AMEN! Lets protest, lie down on taxiways and close airports until they give in to our demands! MCO next crew base!

This is not a time to be selfish
Quote: Do any of the majors offer health benefits from day 1? I'm asking, because I don't know.

As far as the outside world, most companies have a waiting period anywhere from one month to 90 days.

Maybe Apple Tesla and Google offer full benefits on day one, but most companies don't.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just that it's a fairly standard practice everywhere.
Yes, Delta and United offer benefits from day 1.
Quote: Yes, Delta and United offer benefits from day 1.
Only since there most recent contract. (At least Continental)
Quote: Only since there most recent contract. (At least Continental)

Hopefully we can fix it to.
U guys are all on crack. PBI is the next crew base and you know it.
Quote: Do any of the majors offer health benefits from day 1? I'm asking, because I don't know.

As far as the outside world, most companies have a waiting period anywhere from one month to 90 days.

Maybe Apple Tesla and Google offer full benefits on day one, but most companies don't.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just that it's a fairly standard practice everywhere.
It's better said that it's common (not necessarily 'standard') practice for ENTRY level positions/low skill jobs. Spirit not providing pilots to health care day one is a rare exception across high-skill positions in the US economy.

It is UNACCEPTABLE and is FAR from industry standard.

I know you aren't saying whether it's write or wrong, but you are attempting to justify it, which is a poisonous mindset to have. It's what keeps idiots voting in contracts that take a giant sh!t on junior guys (and the profession in general) 'cause thats the way it's always been' or 'I had to suffer, so should you.'

You need to step back and realize what we are worth not what you've been told you're worth and forced to work for (abused wife syndrome).

A minimum of $65,000 in education and an average 10 years of professional experience should yield a job that you can afford to support a family on DAY ONE.
418  818  868  908  914  915  916  917  918  919  920  921  922  928  968  1018 
Page 918 of 1412
Go to