Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
9  59  99  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  119  159  209  609  1109 
Page 109 of 20173
Go to
Quote: Anyone know if this is a good idea? Been told there were more differences between the -88 and -90 than between the 757 and er' the 777. The -88 is already a big airplane with a little wing, the -90 is a bigger airplane with the same wing. Electrical, fuel, engines, eh' I think I might want to try it on in the box before flying the line.
Bucking Bar,
I flew the -90 for two years out of SLC and it is no big deal. My personal opinion is that going from the -88 to the 90 is actually a lot easier than going from the -90 to the -88. The -90 has an EEC and automatic start engines - the -88 does not. As a SLC guy we could go months without flying a -88 so you would mentally prepare yourself for a manual ignition start. By the way I never flew a -90 simulator - ever. All we had was the differences training and a test. And its true the Atlanta IP's will not ask you anything about a -90 (maybe they would if you were in the -90 simulator). As far as automation and flying the aircraft, they are identical - the V speeds and manuver speeds on the -90 will be a little higher - this is really the only difference when flying. Clean speed at maximum takeoff weight is about 260 kts.
The SLC -90 trips are great - I flew over a year without seeing Atlanta!
Scoop
Here's the class drop for the Feb 4th class:

12 767 JFK
12 MD88 NYC
1 737 NYC
3 737 LAX
2 737 CVG
2 MD88 SLC

They haven't picked yet, so I wasn't able to find out how senior different things went. Seems like a bit more military than normal in this class, from a glance at where they were from.
So much for the rumors about any atl positions opening up...
Wait a class or two. They will have to. 88 is crazy short in ATL. 767 is currently overstaffed. (Staffed for a summer schedule) Then again, the AE in the next week may take care of that as well.
Do you think the AE will affect the drop for the 18 Feb class?

I guess the real question is how long before the AE, that I keep hearing about, gets finalized, if that is the correct terminalogy...?
Quote: Do you think the AE will affect the drop for the 18 Feb class?

I guess the real question is how long before the AE, that I keep hearing about, gets finalized, if that is the correct terminalogy...?
It may but it would be transparent to you. The AE isn't even out yet and it takes I think 14 days to close (I might be wrong on the time, but you have to give time for guys to bid).

I don't think the November AE changed anything for the Dec 3rd class, so I think that even if the AE was out, it wouldn't change much.
Looking for clothing advice... 18 Feb Class.

Being a military type, I own one suit, my interview suit. Am I safe wearing that on the first day and then moving to dockers and button-up shirts the rest of the time?

BL, do I need to buy another suit or two?
Quote: Looking for clothing advice... 18 Feb Class.

Being a military type, I own one suit, my interview suit. Am I safe wearing that on the first day and then moving to dockers and button-up shirts the rest of the time?

BL, do I need to buy another suit or two?
I'm not a Delta pilot, and not knowing the interview process there I'll give my opinion anyway. You are always safe just swapping out a new shirt and a change of tie. That will cover you in any interview situation.
one suit is all you need...you'll wear it day one, then "business casual" which is dockers and collared shirt the rest of the time.

You'll need the suit again the second Monday for the big fancy dinner they put on for you...plenty of time to get it cleaned if you need to after day 1.
Quote: then "business casual" which is dockers and collared shirt the rest of the time.
Not to over think this, but is "collared shirt" a polo or a long sleeve button down oxford? Thanks.
9  59  99  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  119  159  209  609  1109 
Page 109 of 20173
Go to