Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
15425  15925  16325  16375  16415  16421  16422  16423  16424  16425  16426  16427  16428  16429  16435  16475  16525  16925  17425 
Page 16425 of 20173
Go to
Quote: I don't want to get near this conversation with a ten foot pole but I have to say about what I bolded above: I agree but I have never seen that it's a requirement to wear a long sleeve shirt with the jacket.

You guys are getting wrapped around the axle about what kind of shirt to wear? Who CARES!?! The company says you can wear either one and they both look the same with the jacket on! Again, who CARES!?!

Sheesh.......

Denny

I think T is sad and his feelings are hurt cause he wears long sleeves and just got categorized.
That reminds me of when I move to Peachtree City.

I was unloading my stuff off the moving van when my neighbor walked up the drive. He seemed pretty cool. He invited me to a party he was having at his place later that night. He said there would be a lot of drinking, probably some fights and all kinds of crazy sex.

Wow. I thought. That sounded great.

When I asked him what I should wear, he said that didn't matter, because it was only going to be me and him there.

Well, at least I'm close to the airport.
Quote: What the hell was ambiguous? You quoted my post when you made yours about being a tool. Pretty evident to me what you were saying. Fascinating? You bet.
Again, I ask, where is the word "tool" in the above post? The only one using it around here is you.

Nu
Quote: I think T is sad and his feelings are hurt cause he wears long sleeves and just got categorized.

short sleeve guy.
Quote: That being said, I wear my uniform with pride; no backpack over the shoulder, no shades on in the airport; a hat on my head that's in good condition, and my jacket buttoned for starters. Short sleeve shirt under the jacket because the flying public doesn't give a rat's @$$.

/silly conversation
Quote: Mr Anderson and numerous surveys of HVCs would beg to differ, but go ahead and look like some kind of derelict, and see how seriously you are taken. It's your future. And the whole point that (I believe) Carl was making is that long sleeves looks better with the jacket. I agree. The uniform approves the wearing of short sleeves. What I find unbelievable is that some come on here and make a blanket statement that all wearers of long sleeves are tools.

Yup.... silly conversation is right. And you totally missed my point about the long sleeves and having them rolled up. I do that in the cockpit when the door is closed, not when in public view. I guess that since I don't have an entitlement mentality, I believe that my employer has the right to tell me what to wear and how to wear it. So I wear the prescribed uniform. I did it in the military, and I'll do it here. It really isn't all that hard, and it doesn't make me look like a fool. (contrary to your belief I guess). It's just a uniform. Just be sure to at least take out your nose ring when you fly. Please.
T, like they said in high school, read the entire question, but in this case read the whole post, specifically that I wear my uniform with pride (i.e. As detailed in the FOM), but I guess that's not good enough for you unless I wear long sleeves. Get over yourself.

To hear you tell it, wearing the uniform as required but with a short sleeve is equivalent to wearing a nose ring to work. You're just confirming the whole "long sleeve guys are a bit off" take. /silly conversation (really this time)
Hey all,

For anyone that may have this happen to them too with the new FAR 117 stuff:

I got a call fro ALPA Scheduling and there is NO recovery obligation for my 100/672 violation.

Happy Days,

Ferd
Quote: That reminds me of when I move to Peachtree City.

I was unloading my stuff off the moving van when my neighbor walked up the drive. He seemed pretty cool. He invited me to a party he was having at his place later that night. He said there would be a lot of drinking, probably some fights and all kinds of crazy sex.

Wow. I thought. That sounded great.

When I asked him what I should wear, he said that didn't matter, because it was only going to be me and him there.

Well, at least I'm close to the airport.
Yeah. !
Quote: I tend to run a little hot...
Based on your posts here... Duh.

(Sorry, couldn't resist, T. Just pulling your chain. Don't get all HOT and bothered. LOL)
Its a good thing my wife doesn't know how I feel about Phoebe Cates.

15425  15925  16325  16375  16415  16421  16422  16423  16424  16425  16426  16427  16428  16429  16435  16475  16525  16925  17425 
Page 16425 of 20173
Go to