Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
18717  19217  19617  19667  19707  19713  19714  19715  19716  19717  19718  19719  19720  19721  19727  19767  19817 
Page 19717 of 20173
Go to
Quote: I would say if you don't want to go - you will go. If you want to go - you won't. At least that is how is has always worked for me including this cycle as I am an "early" with about a .000001% of going.

Seriously though, I doubt you will go. But that brings up another question - why aren't they front loading CQ prior to the summer crunch? My category has 10 must go and only 11 slots. Seems like plenty of guys will enjoy June and July in Atlanta.

Oh well, as a wise man once said - "Mongo only pawn in game of life."

Scoop
My category is NYC 73, so by my count, there is about 269 new hires they are trying to cram thru training for this summer....guess us already qual'd guys will just keep getting pushed to our "Must Go" months.
Quote: There’s a vacant building which I’m told is owned by Delta 1 block north of VA Ave. It’s 3-4 stories high and with a little love and care could easily be turned into a pilot dorm building of sorts. Given the volume of training coming down the pipe, I would think that would be a better use of the company’s money. One that could also turn a profit after we pass our big training years of they sold it. It’s just past the Marriott Courtyard on the left.

GP
i asked this question, the answer i got was it has so much asbestos it would cost too much to fix so they just let it sit vacant.
Quote: A history lesson for perspective combined with possible solutions for improvements sounds like a pretty reasonable approach.

"Matches and gasoline talk" prior to the exchange of openers sounds a bit......rash?....imprudent?....illogical?
Hey Buck. You want to apologize yet? I PM’d you if you are confused. Or go to the “New video from MEC thread” if you are confused.

You can’t throw a grenade and walk away without consequences bro.
No Tailhooka....can't say that I do.

I asked a pretty simple question about how much time you had on the property. Others felt compelled to ask me what difference it made. I answered their question of why it was important to me(civilly I thought)....if it's not important to others...so be it. You then answered the question of your length of service and then proceeded to leave the reservation. When people talk about burning down the house prior to openers, it peaks my curiosity. I do however see a common thread.

Carry on
Wait for 73NA OE?

2 days?
2 weeks?
2months?
Quote: i asked this question, the answer i got was it has so much asbestos it would cost too much to fix so they just let it sit vacant.
Sounds like a perfect housing arrangement for us!!!
Quote: Sounds like a perfect housing arrangement for us!!!
Probably a lot healthier than a 737 cockpit..
Quote: Probably a lot healthier than a 737 cockpit..
Buck you were a jerk and hypothetically questioned my date of hire. So I will ask you again... when were you hired? Since you were such a jerk to me regarding length of service.
Quote: i asked this question, the answer i got was it has so much asbestos it would cost too much to fix so they just let it sit vacant.
In many cases, the safest course of action is to leave undisturbed asbestos in place. If it required abatement, costs are in the range of $20/sf. Delta isn't in the real estate business and doesn't want the headache of remodeling an office into a hotel. If anybody knows who to contact about buying the building from Delta send me a PM. I have an idea...
Any "latest and greatest" about Delta?
18717  19217  19617  19667  19707  19713  19714  19715  19716  19717  19718  19719  19720  19721  19727  19767  19817 
Page 19717 of 20173
Go to