Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
6129  6629  7029  7079  7119  7125  7126  7127  7128  7129  7130  7131  7132  7133  7139  7179  7229  7629  8129 
Page 7129 of 20173
Go to
Quote: I had the same thing about 3 weeks ago!!! PLEASE PLEASE call you REPS AND your Chief Pilot. This is total BS and needs to be nipped in the butt real quick. Obviously my complaint didn't do anything.
There are a bunch of new scheduler and they have NO idea what they are doing, many coming from other departments in the company.
All the other responses to your question are spot on.
Call the union, why bother with the Chief Pilots.
Quote: Sick outs have doubled.

Reserve utilization is two times normal

It is costing money in the utilization of reserve callouts with the resulting tickle down to GS being awarded on the weekends, with technically a category is adequately staffed.

They are in to saving money, and sick calls cost them money because they are using too many reserves to cover many of the more complex trips.

If you are sick, you are sick. Follow the recommendations in the "scheduling alert" and there should be no issues.

Stating that you can no longer "fart with confidence" always seems to work
Pilots self certify
Quote: Sick outs have doubled.

Reserve utilization is two times normal

It is costing money in the utilization of reserve callouts with the resulting tickle down to GS being awarded on the weekends, with technically a category is adequately staffed.

They are in to saving money, and sick calls cost them money because they are using too many reserves to cover many of the more complex trips.

If you are sick, you are sick. Follow the recommendations in the "scheduling alert" and there should be no issues.

Stating that you can no longer "fart with confidence" always seems to work
Nevermind....[/SIZE]
Quote: And of course, as always, if you're a commuter and can't get to work, feel free to call in sick there too.
Probably less trouble from the CP for doing so than using the commuting policy.
....unregard
Quote: redacted.
You quoted me before I realized I was probably blowing smoke

Still, guys are operating within the contract. That particular clause happens to be costing the company more than they anticipated, and I get why they want to do something about it. Unfortunately, I have a feeling our scope clause is costing us alot of money, as is 70 hour reserve guarantee, etc. I'd like to change a few things mid-contract too

I'm not saying I want everyone to be able to call in whenever they feel like it and burn up 240 hours a year. I just don't want to get anywhere near the NWA sick policy. It was atrocious, condescending, and expensive for the pilot if you got sick more than once or twice a year.
Quote: Still, guys are operating within the contract. That particular clause happens to be costing the company more than they anticipated, and I get why they want to do something about it. Unfortunately, I have a feeling our scope clause is costing us alot of money, as is 70 hour reserve guarantee, etc. I'd like to change a few things mid-contract too
100% Leine, cost of sick usage is not our problem. In fact, I truly don't mind the usage/accrual method; its the absurdly low amount of time we have to start with that I have issues with.
Quote: I'm not saying I want everyone to be able to call in whenever they feel like it and burn up 240 hours a year.
I do! And no I'm not gaming the system.

By federal law we are required to be 100% fit for duty, there should not be a limit on our usage of sick time, and nor should there be a limit on usage per year......
Ok, I'm still trying to get an answer to how "reroute pay" is actually paided out? I got some on a a trip last month but don't see pay/credit on my pay statement.
Someone throw me a little knowledge my way. Thanks.
Quote: 100% Leine, cost of sick usage is not our problem. In fact, I truly don't mind the usage/accrual method; its the absurdly low amount of time we have to start with that I have issues with.

I do! And no I'm not gaming the system.

By federal law we are required to be 100% fit for duty, there should not be a limit on our usage of sick time, and nor should there be a limit on usage per year......
I should have said EVERYONE, as in all of us all the time. If you need it, by all means use it. It's the abuse that's getting their attention, not a legitimate sick call.

Someone a few posts ago said it best. Pilots self-certify. No one else knows how you're feeling that day, and if you're fit to fly. That's why our policy (as of yesterday anyways) was so good. No questions from schedulers. No justifying yourself. Just do the right thing, and you won't be hassled, and WILL be paid per our contractual agreement. No Doctor's note required.

I see this as foreshadowing of the company's opener asking for a sick leave overhaul. To me that would be a MAJOR concession. If they want to call and check on sick pilots, that's fine. My paranoid side tells me it's a little more than that though.
Quote: I just don't want to get anywhere near the NWA sick policy. It was atrocious, condescending, and expensive for the pilot if you got sick more than once or twice a year.

Really? I see the DAL policy as one that is inviting people to abuse the system. At NWA we could bank sick time over our careers to our benefit. At DAL if you don't use it, you lose it. The whole DPMA thing that people trumpet basically provides what an accumlated sick bank at NWA provided without the restrictions and we didn't have to take paycheck deductions for the privilege. It rewarded those who didn't abuse the system.

Now if you're talking about Mgt coming down on people for calling in sick, well, if you're sick you're sick. They can take a hike.
6129  6629  7029  7079  7119  7125  7126  7127  7128  7129  7130  7131  7132  7133  7139  7179  7229  7629  8129 
Page 7129 of 20173
Go to