Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Subscribe
6732  7232  7632  7682  7722  7728  7729  7730  7731  7732  7733  7734  7735  7736  7742  7782  7832  8232  8732 
Page 7732 of 20173
Go to
Quote: I have to say, I don't think we've traded recipes on this thread.

We've done about everything else several times over.
That Recipe is useless without a video showing how it's made ;-)

Cheers
George
Quote: So many good one liners involving hungry and tuna......but ACL would just delete them and ban me for a couple of weeks

Needless to say, she is more fun to watch than Anthony Bordain (sp?) and "No Reservations"
Hey, don't be bagging on Bourdain! I love that guy.

And, as an LA-based semi-metrosexual confidant in my manhood enough to wear a pink tie, I'm loving the food drift.

Back to bashing ALPA/Carl/DPA/Texas and SWA.......
Quote:
If the EF'nA isn't sufficient, then what makes anyone think the company would be 100% honest with any of us, especially those of us who are sworn not to tell?

Uh.. what? Why WOULDN'T they be above board with those sworn not to tell what they have learned? I have no idea what the penalty for violating those kinds of agreements would be, but I would think it would damage any future relationship with management. With that in mind, it would be STUPID for someone to violate that trust, unless they had an agenda of screwing the pilot group as a whole. I know there are those that believe that might be the case, but... really?
Quote:
Wow.. those are just around the corner. I'll have 3 whole years left when the last one expires. What will I do with all that leverage?
I got news for you burnt orange bozos, UT is in Knoxville, and we wear REAL orange.
Quote: Public Math Warning.

We currently get 5:15 per duty period. You work 15 duty periods per month and end up with...let's see, carry the one...78:45 for the month.

A work rule change that increase that to 6:00 per duty period would net you 90 hours of pay for the month, for an increase of 14% or so.

The point being, it's not the pay rate that is all important. It's the amount we...me...your average pilot, will take home.

BTW, I'm in favor of BOTH a payrate increase AND work rule improvements.

T
Ah HA! Someone finally admits what I have been saying about this. You have become accustomed to flying 15 days/month. Whatever form the raise comes in, whether it be hourly rate, DPA.. whatever, you are gonna work just as hard as you do right now for that 14% raise rather than only working... let's say 13.2 days for the same coin.. Sexy money is a seductive thing.

-The original T-square
And since Slowplay is talking about stuff like Production Balance, one more time:

Pilot Cost of Production:

DAL pilots produced 94 ASMs
SWA pilots produced 70 ASMs

Per Dollar spent on pilot compensation

Delta pilots are 30% more productive (cheaper) in generating Seatmiles than Southwest pilots per every Dollar spent on pilot compensation.
Keep that in mind when filling out our Survey...

Cheers
George
Quote: Anyone else got an opinion?

DYODD, not investment advice.

For the day, thus far, the bear fund is down 5% which is worse than the losses taken yesterday on long positions. I'm thinking sell into strength this fall (if your bereft of life mouser bounces)

Frankly, I do not understand the market's herd mentality. If the market were a good determinant of value, we would not see such wild, fast, swings. Smart people should be able to see past the chaff and in this case, I think they are missing the GOOD performance of individual companies. Durable goods, automobiles, inventory reports, all seem to indicate we should have a fourth quarter mini bull, at least as far as the equities I follow.

For retirement funds, why not utilities which pay a descent yield? (DUK has been a favorite) Even if you get clobbered on asset price, the dividend evens things out nicely if you reinvest.

The best investments I've made have been things I can touch and hammer a nail into. Even though my local market is depressed, I've done well, solid 10% return on invested funds to possibly as well as 70% (still got a couple of sold homes not yet closed) this year. The worst I've done is broken even. The only real skills required are to know how to work with people and fix roof leaks (seems every foreclosure has at least two).

Scambo, that's my counter trend bull market rebuttal. But, I'm 50% in cash due to the potential that whatever takes out my investments might also harm Delta enough to result in a furlough.

I've not taken an active enough role managing my retirement and the "professionals" have lost me in excess of $150,000 since going to cash just isn't one of the moves that make them any money.

Until Delta gets is debt down, I'm figuring the airline has a 50/50 chance of flying for as many years as I plan to.
Quote: And since Slowplay is talking about stuff like Production Balance, one more time:

Pilot Cost of Production:

DAL pilots produced 94 ASMs
SWA pilots produced 70 ASMs

Per Dollar spent on pilot compensation

Delta pilots are 30% more productive (cheaper) in generating Seatmiles than Southwest pilots per every Dollar spent on pilot compensation.
Keep that in mind when filling out our Survey...

Cheers
George

That is very interesting. I wonder how many different ways there are to spin pilot costs. I would love to see a comparison of all of those, because I am sure that someone can come up with a metric that says we are 30% MORE expensive than them...
Quote: Ah HA! Someone finally admits what I have been saying about this. You have become accustomed to flying 15 days/month. Whatever form the raise comes in, whether it be hourly rate, DPA.. whatever, you are gonna work just as hard as you do right now for that 14% raise rather than only working... let's say 13.2 days for the same coin.. Sexy money is a seductive thing.

-The original T-square
T, that's the key those improvements need to be matched with pay increases, otherwise you are spot on.
More work to get more pay isn't a raise....

Cheers
George
6732  7232  7632  7682  7722  7728  7729  7730  7731  7732  7733  7734  7735  7736  7742  7782  7832  8232  8732 
Page 7732 of 20173
Go to