Cape Air

Subscribe
42  82  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  102  142  192 
Page 92 of 257
Go to
Cape seems like a good place to go for someone not interested in a 121 career and trying to break into the the 135 charter/corporate world. Solid 135 PIC experience and I'm guessing the schedules are slightly better than night freight.
Quote: +1

Good chance I'd still be there if they paid more, but that's just the nature of the beast in a 9-seat piston aircraft. If Atlas ever gives me the boot, I'd seriously look at going back.

And trust me, my perspective comes from working at a real bottomfeeder from 2010-2013 after I left. Cape does it right.
Was the bottom feeder omni? Yea Ive flown for 2 bottom rung regionals and I agree with the above. Well said Night. BD?
Quote: Was the bottom feeder omni? Yea Ive flown for 2 bottom rung regionals and I agree with the above. Well said Night. BD?
Was Cape Air one of them? What makes one regional more bottom rung than another one? I would say most regionals are all the same.
Quote: Was the bottom feeder omni? Yea Ive flown for 2 bottom rung regionals and I agree with the above. Well said Night. BD?
Yes it was, and that's me. Is this BO? PM me.
Quote: I would say most regionals are all the same.
Says the guy who's never worked at any...
Cape Air
What do you guys think about this P2012 Traveller replacement?

New Cape Air President Charts Future | Aviation International News
Quote: What do you guys think about this P2012 Traveller replacement?

New Cape Air President Charts Future | Aviation International News
I don't know why they don't go turbine..
Quote: I don't know why they don't go turbine..
They dont fly at high enough altitudes to make the fuel consumption work with the added costs of turbines. Well below 10000'
Quote: They dont fly at high enough altitudes to make the fuel consumption work with the added costs of turbines. Well below 10000'
Plenty of the routes would be more efficient if flown with a single turbine vice a multi piston. Also the increased cost of AVGAS vice Jet fuel seems like it will become a huge problem in the future.
Quote: Plenty of the routes would be more efficient if flown with a single turbine vice a multi piston. Also the increased cost of AVGAS vice Jet fuel seems like it will become a huge problem in the future.
You should submit a proposal- im sure they havent run the numbers
42  82  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  102  142  192 
Page 92 of 257
Go to