100 Seat Jets now flown by Regional Carrier!!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 23
Go to
What is Scope?
Republic Airlines is taking Delivery of 2 100 Seat EMB-190 Aircraft to operate for Midwest, while Midwest has pilots on furlough, this is ridiculous...I guess I can plan on spending the rest of my career at a Regional Airline...when do you suppose RAH will put 737 on their pay-scale?

Check the Regional threads for more discussion
The rest of you mainline pilots had better lock down some serious scope. Don't think they won't try this on Delta and United. Your jobs are gone thanks to the regionals. Grow some and lock down. Come on!!!
I bet MEH runs them though ATL. Just a bet.
Quote: The rest of you mainline pilots had better lock down some serious scope. Don't think they won't try this on Delta and United. Your jobs are gone thanks to the regionals. Grow some and lock down. Come on!!!
That goes both ways. Demand higher pay and lock them out.
IM
Quote: That goes both ways. Demand higher pay and lock them out.
IM
Easier said than done. A higher paying regional will not win any contracts and will just die away. Look at XJT if you need any further proof. Getting anything more than "industry standard" pay will almost always be the kiss of death to contract carriers.

I think scope is the only safety net we can count on now.
Quote: I bet MEH runs them though ATL. Just a bet.
What are our protections on this per our scope? I hope the Midwest guys shut this down! These are direct replacement jets and replacing Midwest furloughed pilots jobs! Disgusting IMHO
The MEH guys cannot do anything of the sort. In my belief their section 1 cannot stop this.

As for us. They cannot operate as a DCI carrier, but IMHO no matter what I am told, I can see them operating said jet for MEH and then us code sharing with them. Now I was told our current agreement only allows for their passengers to code on us, but I think that these jets will test this.
FWIW their 190 rate at the to p of their scale is 119 an hr. DAL's is way above that. There is still a lot of incentive to have this 100 seat jet barrier broken by the regionals.
These aircraft are locked down at Delta. Unless the airline goes back into chapter 11 and gets a 1113 motion from a court you wont see them operating at DCI. That I will bet money on!
Major airline pilots gave up scope to protect pay and pension. Now look at how many airlines have that. Major pilots left a real trail of crap for any future pilots. APA (American Pilots) is next on the chopping block as far as scope. I have high hopes but my gut tells me it will come down to pension v.s. scope. We all know how that will turn out.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 23
Go to