Compass updates

Subscribe
219  269  309  315  316  317  318  319  320  321  322  323  329  369  419  819 
Page 319 of 942
Go to
Looks like more flow letters went out this past week. I appears as if over 130 will flow this year, starting in March. Good news for Compass pilots. Congrats to those who just received their letters.
How does it currently look for a new hire out of training for sitting reserve?

I assume there will be some slow down once the next class or two get through as there isn't such a high number of guys going through training as there has been...but just trying to get a feeling of the current state at Compass.
Quote: How does it currently look for a new hire out of training for sitting reserve?

I assume there will be some slow down once the next class or two get through as there isn't such a high number of guys going through training as there has been...but just trying to get a feeling of the current state at Compass.
Hiring isn't going to stop for awhile, slow down a little, smaller classes, but it won't stop. Flows will hapen again next year.
Quote:
Contract highlights are:
Minimum day guarantee up from 3.5 to 4.0 hrs
1.25% pay increase (1/1/14)
Per Diem from 1.55 to 1.65 / hr
31-day months are 12 days off (up from 11)
Deadhead pay from 75% to 80%
New hire CBT from 30 days to 14 days
Added long-call reserve
So the home study prior to training is now only 14 days instead of 30? Has that taken effect already, or is there a time frame?
COO says classes through July, but couldn't tell me how many in the classes.
Quote: So the home study prior to training is now only 14 days instead of 30? Has that taken effect already, or is there a time frame?
Not implemented yet. No clue yet.
How many reserve lines per base? How many lines total per base?
Quote: How many reserve lines per base? How many lines total per base?
For March FO reserve

DTW 13
LAX 0, yes 0 (6 on CAP side)
MSP 17
For the guys new to 121...

Reserve line? Sounds like a non sequitur to me. My understanding is that reserve is reserve and a line is a line...
Well guys I got the boot from the computer test. I felt good about the cog test, who knows on the personality but the job test I felt was pretty brutal this time. These were the same 3 tests for Xjt but job test questions pulled out of the bank were harder than when I took it at Xjt. Could of maybe studied more but I'm just taking it as a sign that I should probably stay put at Xjt and wait for bigger and better things. But I can attest from my short exposure there that the people seem very happy about being there. Had to jumpseat up from dfw on a Compass E175 so got to chat it up with the crew. Also some compass guys were commuting, in fact one gave up his jumpseat so I could make it to MSP. Real stand up guys that seem super excited about going to delta (in captain's case) and upgrading soon for Fo. And the latest info during company presentation was that they are on the backside of hiring for flows and upgrades so things are gonna simmer down till delta announces more hiring. For those wondering about 1 yr pay it's $25.77/hr per the new contract which is expected to take effect in April. Training pay is only 15hrs for the 30 day cbt which might change to 14 days. Then 75 hr guarantee without per diem till Ioe. So plan on first 3 months not getting paid much. Oh yeah you're on yr own as far as lodging during training. But anyways even tho I was sent home packing without an actual interview I'm glad I came and gave it a shot without wondering what if. It just wasn't in the cards for me. Good luck to those interviewing or starting class soon. Seems like a good regional to go to right now.....so take that for what it's worth!
219  269  309  315  316  317  318  319  320  321  322  323  329  369  419  819 
Page 319 of 942
Go to