Compass updates

Subscribe
343  743  793  833  839  840  841  842  843  844  845  846  847  853  893 
Page 843 of 942
Go to
Quote: I'm a captain on reserve. Currently on a deadhead back to base. It's the only thing on my schedule for today, I have reserve tomorrow, thurs, fri. When I get back to base after this deadhead, how long do I have to wait to be released and possibly have the afternoon off until my reserve call out tomorrow? Contract seems worded weirdly.
If they don't contact you within 15 mins of block in, as far as I know, you're self released. I always just take a flight straight home and skip dh's, but I'm a slacker.
Quote: For those prospective new hires who don't know. Just thought I'd share some "facts" after all these "rumors".

Compass is starting four new routes in December.

Mazatlan, Mexico for Delta.

Salt Lake City, Montrose CO, and Redmond OR for American.
Is slc a new route?

Edit: for American, got it
Also All FAI flying is not of MSP for DEC
Quote: If they don't contact you within 15 mins of block in, as far as I know, you're self released. I always just take a flight straight home and skip dh's, but I'm a slacker.
How would they get a hold of you within 15 mins of block in? I have never heard of anyone meeting people at the gate after a DH. I guess it is possible, but nothing I have heard of ever happening outside of a drug test.
I have been met at the gate after a DH before to be given additional flying.
Quote: How would they get a hold of you within 15 mins of block in? I have never heard of anyone meeting people at the gate after a DH. I guess it is possible, but nothing I have heard of ever happening outside of a drug test.
The 15 minute notification I'm referring to is what I take from 117 rules.
Quote: I have been met at the gate after a DH before to be given additional flying.
Forgot to put on your Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses

Quote: The 15 minute notification I'm referring to is what I take from 117 rules.
117 doesn't have anything to do with the contractual ways they can get a hold of you. 117 defines what is duty and rest, but not what you are required to do after a DH. Contracts define that. Barring them meeting you at the gate, that is mostly the only contractual way for them to guarantee to get a hold of you.
Quote: Forgot to put on your Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses

117 doesn't have anything to do with the contractual ways they can get a hold of you. 117 defines what is duty and rest, but not what you are required to do after a DH. Contracts define that. Barring them meeting you at the gate, that is mostly the only contractual way for them to guarantee to get a hold of you.
I disagree. If I don't have contact within 15 mins, I'm done until my rest is done.
Quote: I disagree. If I don't have contact within 15 mins, I'm done until my rest is done.
Just to see if we're on the same page, disagree with what? Nothing in the contract requires you to contact them after a DH.
Quote: I disagree. If I don't have contact within 15 mins, I'm done until my rest is done.
My understanding is that your FDP ends at block in (last leg), not the 15 mins extra the company includes. So if you aren't notified prior to block in, you're free to go.

This is from the reserve section of the FAR 117 ALPA Guide...

Quote:
Q-90. A flightcrew member on reserve is assigned a 3-day trip. On day 3,
the flightcrew member flies one segment and returns to base. After
block-in, the certificate holder assigns 3 additional segments which
can be completed within the FDP, flight time and cumulative
limits. Is this permissible?

A-90. If the flightcrew member has completed the FDP (blocked
in), he/she cannot be placed on a RAP to allow further flight
assignments until he/she has received a 10 consecutivehour
rest. However, before the end of the FDP, the
certificate holder could reschedule and add the 3 flight
segments. In that event, the flightcrew member would have
to recalculate the FDP, flight time and cumulative limits to
determine if the additional flight segments can be legally
flown. The flightcrew member would also have to reaffirm
his or her fitness for duty before beginning each flight
segment
I haven't dug in to any of the interpretations though, just the ALPA guide and FAR.
343  743  793  833  839  840  841  842  843  844  845  846  847  853  893 
Page 843 of 942
Go to