American Eagle to hire

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13  53  103 
Page 3 of 259
Go to
Poor lady is going to have 1000 resumes by morning. Including mine.
Quote: Poor lady is going to have 1000 resumes by morning. Including mine.
Mine too. I do feel bad for her although it comes with the job eh?
If 100 get hired within the next 6 mo. What type of line/salary/bases are we talking, say after 2 years in the right seat?
Quote: Is there any way you could post the vacancies after all the returning guys get their bid results?

The only true way is when a VAC bid has been posted. However, trust me when I say ORD and DFW are very short.
Quote: If 100 get hired within the next 6 mo. What type of line/salary/bases are we talking, say after 2 years in the right seat?
RES/BROKE/YOUR GUESS IS GOOD AS MINE
Quote: If 100 get hired within the next 6 mo. What type of line/salary/bases are we talking, say after 2 years in the right seat?
50/50 shot of being off reserve, depends on the equip/base you want and how much hiring happens. If you do hold a line, it wont be a great one. After 2yrs in the right seat you might take home $2500/mo including per diem. Upgrades will be a loong wait. Do NOT come to Eagle unless you are prepared to sit in the right seat for 8+years. It might come sooner, it might come later. Nobody knows.
Quote: what ever man a job is a job and a paycheck is a paycheck. for now
16K a year is a paycheck? You can make that at McDonalds with no school loan debt!

(lol)
Quote: 16K a year is a paycheck? You can make that at McDonalds with no school loan debt!

(lol)
Yeah, but where will that take you ?

Actually, starting is around 22.5K and with a little bit of extra flying and per diem, many first year pilots can pocket almost 30K. 30K and health care (travel bennies too) isn't a mint, but it's better than most CFI jobs and certainly better then the french fry cooker and a mop at Mickey D's.

At the very least it's part 121 jet experience and after a year or two the next move can be considered BEFORE you've got too much invested at Eagle or if it's working for you, you can stay and shoot craps. Expect a lot of these slots to be CRJ F/O positions in DFW and ORD for the shiny new jets that pilots love.

Most EMJ F/O's won't slide over.
I will be interested to see what the interviews are like. Back in the day when my interview got canceled with eagle I knew a guy that couldn't get his CFI so he went to the regionals instead. After failing the interview the first time around with eagle they called him back to "re do" the part he had failed. Then they offered him the job. It's nice to know that they probably won't be doing that this time around specifically because this guy in question wouldn't meet the minimum requirements (400 tt 50me at the time of hire) But it still makes me a little sick to my stomach that a guy like that will have a higher seniority number than any of those applying now with 1500 hours. I mean this guy is still trying to figure out how he can qualify for the atp without the PIC requirement.
Quote: Yeah, but where will that take you ?

Actually, starting is around 22.5K and with a little bit of extra flying and per diem, many first year pilots can pocket almost 30K. 30K and health care (travel bennies too) isn't a mint, but it's better than most CFI jobs and certainly better then the french fry cooker and a mop at Mickey D's.

At the very least it's part 121 jet experience and after a year or two the next move can be considered BEFORE you've got too much invested at Eagle or if it's working for you, you can stay and shoot craps. Expect a lot of these slots to be CRJ F/O positions in DFW and ORD for the shiny new jets that pilots love.

Most EMJ F/O's won't slide over.
eh, it's still horrible. No one in any 121 cockpit should make less than someone working at Chick-Fil-A. People accept it tho, and that's why it is the way it is.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13  53  103 
Page 3 of 259
Go to