A Military Poser in the ALPA Magazine?

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17  57 
Page 7 of 68
Go to
The whole thing is disgusting. I pray that his chief pilot is ex-military or if not that, at the very least, his check airmen for his next pc. This guy will get whats coming to him. You dont steal the honor that people have died for to earn.
Don't forget about this cast of characters:

Quote:
Code of Ethics Role Model

Nominated by F/O Ray Nicoll (Delta), F/O Martins was selected from an excellent field of pilots recommended by their peers.

Making the selection, with the concurrence of the EGL Master Executive Council, were Capt. Chuck Hogeman (United), chairman, ALPA Human Factors and Training Group; Capt. John Rosenberg (Delta), chairman, ALPA Professional Standards Committee; and Capt. John Sluys (Alaska), chairman, ALPA Professional Development Group.
So... the question begs to asked, how did this guy make it past the vaunted AMR screening process?
Quote: I'll offer the friendly wager of a beverage of choice that ALPA will never retract or correct that story. Sadly, I just don't think it's in the leadership's DNA despite pretty solid documentation that they got it [horribly] wrong.
Agree. Despite APC's popularity, I would expect the majority of ALPA membership to not be aware of this (and how would you, unless you actively read APC or you flew with a coworker who read this very thread and mentioned it in cockpit convo). ALPA would use this fact to their advantage that most readers would've never known the difference anyway and basically just sweep the whole thing under the rug.

Really annoyed that a % of my paltry pay (however small that amount is, it's still my money) goes toward paying this 'journalist' $140k who did such an incredibly crappy job of reporting (and preaching ethics and professionalism.)
Quote: Really annoyed that a % of my paltry pay (however small that amount is, it's still my money) goes toward paying this 'journalist' $140k who did such an incredibly crappy job of reporting (and preaching ethics and professionalism.)
At least ALPA didn't assign him to checking the fine print in our PWAs during negotiations. Or maybe that was his old job...?
" . . . . participated in the field investigation of the Colgan Air Flight 3407 crash near Buffalo, N.Y., in February 2009. Martins spent 10 days at the Colgan field investigation."

If this is true, could his input have prejudiced the accident report results ? I suspect the major news organizations will pick up this story in the next few days and "run with it."
Quote: " . . . . participated in the field investigation of the Colgan Air Flight 3407 crash near Buffalo, N.Y., in February 2009. Martins spent 10 days at the Colgan field investigation."

If this is true, could his input have prejudiced the accident report results ? I suspect the major news organizations will pick up this story in the next few days and "run with it."
WHOA!!! Where did you find that at? Source for that?
if this chap ever upgrades (oh wait, his facebook probably said he is an ex Pam Am 74 skipper) i guess that puts to rest the "of good moral character" requirement for an ATP.....
Quote: WHOA!!! Where did you find that at? Source for that?
It's in the Article under "Community Service and ALPA volunteerism," middle of page 23.
Quote: WHOA!!! Where did you find that at? Source for that?

Page 23, middle column, of the ALPA rag article in question.
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  17  57 
Page 7 of 68
Go to