PRIA and pilot record request

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to
Quote: What happens if a previous pilot 121/135 company no longer exists?
Larger companies will have a record custodian appointed who can respond to PRIA requests. Use the grapevine to found out who that is.

Smaller companies may not do that, in which case I guess you just tell the prospective employer that they went BK and provide the last known address.
Thank you for the information.
Quote: Larger companies will have a record custodian appointed who can respond to PRIA requests. Use the grapevine to found out who that is.

Smaller companies may not do that, in which case I guess you just tell the prospective employer that they went BK and provide the last known address.
It is my understanding that companies who go out of business are required by law to have a custodian of such records for something like five years (it may be seven). That's any size company. You should be able to use the original corporate address and it would be forwarded to the custodian.
[quote=Lori Clark;794963]It is my understanding that companies who go out of business are required by law to have a custodian of such records for something like five years (it may be seven). That's any size company. You should be able to use the original corporate address and it would be forwarded to the custodian.[/quote

Hi Lori,

Can you confirm that the PRIA is still at five years unless they have changed it recently.

Thanks
[QUOTE=bozobigtop;794991]
Quote: It is my understanding that companies who go out of business are required by law to have a custodian of such records for something like five years (it may be seven). That's any size company. You should be able to use the original corporate address and it would be forwarded to the custodian.[/quote

Hi Lori,

Can you confirm that the PRIA is still at five years unless they have changed it recently.

Thanks
Yes, five years. Excerpt from AC120-68D - "Under PRIA, a hiring employer cannot place a pilot into service until it obtains and reviews the last 5 years of the pilot’s background and other safety-related records as specified in PRIA."

For more detailed information and the actual forms see: PRIA Policy, Forms, & References

Quote: First, let me say thanks to Lori and whoever else is responsible for putting this section together. I perused quite a bit of it recently and there is lots of good info. I appreciate the resource being out there.
I am likely to be out of a job in a few months and so I am getting my ducks in a row. I am in the process of getting copies of my FAA pilot records and NDR just to ensure everything is what I think it is. I am wondering if the records the FAA will give me is anything different that what a prospective employer would see on a PRIA. Any insight appreciated. Thanks!
I just did a PRIA check. All I got from the FAA was some info that confirmed I was a licensed pilot. Nothing on there about my background. It makes me wonder how exactly is the FAA going to change these background check regs with the new bill, if we can't even find out exactly what the new employer sees. I'm guessing if you really want info you have to talk to the present employer and ask them what they have for your background.
Quote: I just did a PRIA check. All I got from the FAA was some info that confirmed I was a licensed pilot. Nothing on there about my background. It makes me wonder how exactly is the FAA going to change these background check regs with the new bill, if we can't even find out exactly what the new employer sees. I'm guessing if you really want info you have to talk to the present employer and ask them what they have for your background.
FAA records and PRIA are two separate issues, I believe they don't have anything to do with each other.

When you fill out each PRIA form for each past employer there should be a box to check indicating that you want copies of whatever records are returned. Those would come from the employer, not the FAA.

A check of your FAA records will generally only show certs/ratings, medical, and violations not any training details.
Quote: FAA records and PRIA are two separate issues, I believe they don't have anything to do with each other.

When you fill out each PRIA form for each past employer there should be a box to check indicating that you want copies of whatever records are returned. Those would come from the employer, not the FAA.

A check of your FAA records will generally only show certs/ratings, medical, and violations not any training details.
Does FAA records show check ride failures?
AC
Quote: Does FAA records show check ride failures?
AC
For routine 121 training events, I don't think so. Those records are maintained by the company.

For a 121 event which was also a certificate event (ie ATP during upgrade) the FAA will have a record of a pinkslip.

But I am not certain that airlines even get any checkride failure info from the FAA. I had heard that all they get was violations and rating/cert info.

Lori?
How is a PRIA check conducted if the 5 year background check involves a foreign airline? Many overseas airlines simply will not mail documents elsewhere.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to