Horizon???

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 27
Go to
Quote: SEA mainly is from LP. DEN would be nice ATL would be quite painful for most QX guys.
Well, since the most junior captain has 10 years with the company already, probably has a home and family by now that would be a good way to force some attrittion with some more senior (and more costly) folks. Start TDYing them to the other coast!
Now some upgrades announced with should lead to more FO recalls. Fingers crossed for Ya'll.
Luke,
you may be right. My buddy spoke with a ACP (always has the best info, lol) yesterday and said he has been hearing rumors a announcement about a new domincile just doesn't know if you will need a bathing suite or coat. The announcement should be next week. Said that attrition is increasing more than they thought it would and voluntary furloughs have been cancelled. Attrition is more than 20 for july-present. My guess would be LAX for the domicile unless it is a CPA with another airline then who knows. I am hoping it is still on the west coast.
Quote: ATL would be quite painful for most QX guys.
The east coast sucks big time. I wish I was lucky enough to stay at home in SEA and get on with Horizon but I didn't have the hours when they were hiring. Been living on the east coast for 3 years now and hate everyday of it. Hopefully something big changes and Horizon starts hiring again. Would love nothing more than to get back to that area.
Today a TA was announced...lets see where that takes good 'ole QX! I am not really holding my breath though!
If your above me in seniority then hold your breath. joking.
Quote: Luke,
you may be right. My buddy spoke with a ACP (always has the best info, lol) yesterday and said he has been hearing rumors a announcement about a new domincile just doesn't know if you will need a bathing suite or coat. The announcement should be next week. Said that attrition is increasing more than they thought it would and voluntary furloughs have been cancelled. Attrition is more than 20 for july-present. My guess would be LAX for the domicile unless it is a CPA with another airline then who knows. I am hoping it is still on the west coast.
It's one of those things that we'll all have to hold our breath on...to be honest, I'm more worried about what the TA will say. That will be more or less what makes up my mind about taking a recall or not.

Quote: The east coast sucks big time. I wish I was lucky enough to stay at home in SEA and get on with Horizon but I didn't have the hours when they were hiring. Been living on the east coast for 3 years now and hate everyday of it. Hopefully something big changes and Horizon starts hiring again. Would love nothing more than to get back to that area.
Hey now, the east coast is not that bad...esp down here in the South. Northeast maybe, but the South = Nice. Summers might be alittle warm from you if you're from SEA...but when it's still top down driving weather at Thanksgiving...does it get much better?
Quote:
Hey now, the east coast is not that bad...esp down here in the South. Northeast maybe, but the South = Nice. Summers might be alittle warm from you if you're from SEA...but when it's still top down driving weather at Thanksgiving...does it get much better?
I guess if you are able to own a convertable. Although I personally haven't found anything better than driving down I-90's or 520's floating bridges with a view of Mt. Rainier. Or the view you guys get flying into Seattle from the North over the Husky Stadium. B-E-A-utiful
Quote: I guess if you are able to own a convertable. Although I personally haven't found anything better than driving down I-90's or 520's floating bridges with a view of Mt. Rainier. Or the view you guys get flying into Seattle from the North over the Husky Stadium. B-E-A-utiful
Fair enough! Haha

My personal fav flight at Horizon was the SEA-BLI flight in the evening...flying at 10,000ft and having the sunset over the ocean. San Juan Islands right under, the twilight on the Cascades...it's as close to a "perfect" flight as I've ever had.
Quote: fair enough! Haha

my personal fav flight at horizon was the sea-bli flight in the evening...flying at 10,000ft and having the sunset over the ocean. San juan islands right under, the twilight on the cascades...it's as close to a "perfect" flight as i've ever had.
Very nice!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 27
Go to