Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
675  1175  1575  1625  1665  1671  1672  1673  1674  1675  1676  1677  1678  1679  1685  1725  1775 
Page 1675 of 2043
Go to
Quote: So if you live in ANC though.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even if you live in ANC, the company will try to avoid returning you to base during your pattern at all costs because they'd be forced to put you into heavy rest per the antiquated 121 rest rules we are stuck with.

You will routinely be awarded blocks of 17 days on with no ability to swap or trade with open time or other pilots. Worse still, on reserve the company can (and will) extend you up to 3 additional days on per month for any reason whatsoever.

So even if you live in base, you WILL get blocks of 17 days on during which you will not see your home or your base, and you should absolutely plan for 20.
Not to mention all the administrative dog**** we have to do for this place.

While United pilots are being compensated to simply update their company iPads, we're still spending UNPAID hours every month compiling company credit card reports so that we're not held PERSONALLY liable for the thousands of dollars this company burns through every month per crewmember on hotels and commercial airline tickets.

Oh and you pretty much have to be a professional crew scheduler as well, because they just throw it out and hope that it sticks with no regard to the CBA whatsoever.

Just letting you all in on the lovely things you'll get to think about when you get to the hotel after your 20 hour duty days during which you've crossed 7 time zones. But hey... It's legal, so it must be safe, right?
You will never break min- unless your on the whale for 17-18 days a month.

Never on the 76

I made 65k second year at Atless

Plan on not making any money here. It's really unbelievable
Quote: You will never break min- unless your on the whale for 17-18 days a month.

Never on the 76

I made 65k second year at Atless

Plan on not making any money here. It's really unbelievable
How did you only average 64.5 hours of pay a month? I am a little jealous.
Quote: Even if you live in ANC, the company will try to avoid returning you to base during your pattern at all costs because they'd be forced to put you into heavy rest per the antiquated 121 rest rules we are stuck with.

You will routinely be awarded blocks of 17 days on with no ability to swap or trade with open time or other pilots. Worse still, on reserve the company can (and will) extend you up to 3 additional days on per month for any reason whatsoever.

So even if you live in base, you WILL get blocks of 17 days on during which you will not see your home or your base, and you should absolutely plan for 20.

Ok yeah, no thanks, lol. Thanks for the honesty I appreciate it, best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: How did you only average 64.5 hours of pay a month? I am a little jealous.
Not to speak for him bit simple.....you have training twice a year.... guarantee.....you have vacation two or three times a year....guarantee....rest of the year you have 2-3 short trips per month with a lot of half or 1/4 crt days. You still have to gateway in for then a day early on a "day off" and sometimes leave a day after on a "day off" so maybe 70 hours is a great month for crt, even though you're gone 19-20 days.
Quote: Not to speak for him bit simple.....you have training twice a year.... guarantee.....you have vacation two or three times a year....guarantee....rest of the year you have 2-3 short trips per month with a lot of half or 1/4 crt days. You still have to gateway in for then a day early on a "day off" and sometimes leave a day after on a "day off" so maybe 70 hours is a great month for crt, even though you're gone 19-20 days.
There ya go.

The only way to make money on the 76. Sit RSV out of base for 17 days.
Quote: Ok yeah, no thanks, lol. Thanks for the honesty I appreciate it, best of luck!
Ding, ding, ding - ^^this guy gets it.^^

Remember how they say to learn from others mistakes? Yeah, that & don’t reward bad behavior. If enough people stop rewarding it - the bad behavior will end.

It’s not rocket surgery.
Read through page 1099 on the interview subjects. I'm assuming most of this is all correct still? Also what is the chain of events to which HR gets a hold of you? Email with a test first...or phone call?
Quote: Read through page 1099 on the interview subjects. I'm assuming most of this is all correct still? Also what is the chain of events to which HR gets a hold of you? Email with a test first...or phone call?
My first contact was a phone call from a 914 number.

The company notified the union last night that the Houston (IAH) base will be closing.
675  1175  1575  1625  1665  1671  1672  1673  1674  1675  1676  1677  1678  1679  1685  1725  1775 
Page 1675 of 2043
Go to