Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
766  1266  1666  1716  1756  1762  1763  1764  1765  1766  1767  1768  1769  1770  1776  1816  1866 
Page 1766 of 2045
Go to
Quote: Let's say you hire 168 747 guys and 60 767 guys and lose 300 to attrition. You'll shrink by about 70 pilots. They can still man your airline if everyone is willing to fly extra... about 3.5% extra per pilot... Also, they can start having yall break for hours instead of rig without even paying over time. They really need to start having 747 classes of 0 for it to hit hard enough. That may happen this year though because generally the classes in January are easier to fill.
It's hitting pretty hard now, as is. A LCA I know who was at the last meeting said the vibe from management was frustration and borderline desperation in regards to the staffing issue. Sick calls are up, fatigue calls are up... It's going to take a lot more than 3.5% per pilot to staff this place.
Quote: They can still man your airline if everyone is willing to fly extra... about 3.5% extra per pilot
Not going to happen for me! Although some are willing to work overtime and that's fine, I already give the company 17 days/month... in addition to the two or three days commuting on days off. In fact, I save my GDOs (Guaranteed Days Off) just ensure any reserve at the end of my schedule can be blocked from involuntary extension. IMHO, quality of life is a major factor that needs to be fixed in this contract... Who cares for a few extra bucks if you can't spend it with the ones you love.
1/13/20 Atlas 747 New hire class of 28 only 7 showed up.So there's that..............................
Quote: Not going to happen for me! Although some are willing to work overtime and that's fine, I already give the company 17 days/month... in addition to the two or three days commuting on days off. In fact, I save my GDOs (Guaranteed Days Off) just ensure any reserve at the end of my schedule can be blocked from involuntary extension. IMHO, quality of life is a major factor that needs to be fixed in this contract... Who cares for a few extra bucks if you can't spend it with the ones you love.
Ditto. They're not getting any favors from me to help clean up their mess. They can keep their peanuts.
The end of the year seniority list was published yesterday. An entire year’s worth of hiring and training, 20 new hire classes and the list grew by 36 pilots.
Quote: The end of the year seniority list was published yesterday. An entire year’s worth of hiring and training, 20 new hire classes and the list grew by 36 pilots.
One has to wonder how many training failures there were of people who didn’t really have the experience to be hired anyway. I mean seriously, is this what you want for a candidate to fly a 747?

Anyone know how many promising young careers have now been forever blighted by an Atlas training failures just as the legacies are starting their surge of retirements? Not a great career move.
Quote: One has to wonder how many training failures there were of people who didn’t really have the experience to be hired anyway. I mean seriously, is this what you want for a candidate to fly a 747?

Anyone know how many promising young careers have now been forever blighted by an Atlas training failures just as the legacies are starting their surge of retirements? Not a great career move.
It's kind of obscene, considering what was released on the GTI3591 docket.
Quote: It's kind of obscene, considering what was released on the GTI3591 docket.
C’mon now it’s a plane not an experimental on hydrazine.
Just because it took somebody 10,000hrs to get to Atlas doesn’t mean a pilot with 1500 hrs can’t do the job....safely and competently.
Quote: C’mon now it’s a plane not an experimental on hydrazine.
Just because it took somebody 10,000hrs to get to Atlas doesn’t mean a pilot with 1500 hrs can’t do the job....safely and competently.
The Atlas Checking Center is not acclimated to training 1500 hour new hires to competently operate around the world. For the few that do make it through, good job,seriously.

BayBum
“Not anticipating much growth this year” - from the last meeting when talking to an LCA this morning.

Friends from other carriers have been changing their tune from simply “It’s Great, Come on Over!” to “Come Over, We Need Good People!” There is definitely climate change of some sort that little “Greta” has not addressed.....

Either way, interesting times my friends, interesting times all over.
766  1266  1666  1716  1756  1762  1763  1764  1765  1766  1767  1768  1769  1770  1776  1816  1866 
Page 1766 of 2045
Go to