Atlas Air Hiring

Subscribe
301  701  751  791  797  798  799  800  801  802  803  804  805  811  851  901  1301  1801 
Page 801 of 2044
Go to
Lots of sitting time on looooong hauls
Quote: Yea, I don't think I disagree with that so much, but these other places are taking new-hires from regionals, corporate and military with no PIC and no 121, and it's not a one-off thing either.

No doubt Atlas can be an awesome experience builder for someone, but with the current CBA and financial considerations of other places, it's a harder long term sell, that's all.
That is a fair statement, but the point here is also that you have to weigh your life at the regionals, etc vs the potential at Atlas...and in most cases, the Atlas potential trumps that of the regionals.
T45: Some have had application in longer and some not so long. I have been actively updating with my application with Atlas since 8/2012. I've also attended two conferences and spoke with Atlas folks. Several friends at Giant. No luck getting selected for interview or test as of this writing. YMMV. What is consistent for many is staying with it if you want to be apart of Atlas. So like many out there, good luck to us all.

As for the comments regarding Atlas' marketability for pilots and retention: The varying views are spot on. What it comes down to for many is quality of life or certain flying styles. At this point of my life, I believe I would do very well at Atlas once I break the code.

March is going to be extremely busy for me so I will send my regards to all and wish everyone a very Happy St. Patrick's Day in advance.

V
Atlas Air Hiring
I also want to join the atlas group for the qol factor. The schedule( always have done a variation of 14 on 14 off or 20 on 10 off)and ability to stay in anchorage is what entices me. I haven't applied yet but will next month
And I am in total agreement as well Whale Driver. The industry is going through a unique transformation; on in which most pilot aspirations will be realized in the coming years (sooner rather than later). Having invested the better part of 23 years in this industry, I can't help but say to all out there that if you are interested in working for Atlas or any other carrier, it should not be at all cost. You should retain your dignity and realize that at the end of the day, working at Atlas does not define who you are as a person or as an aviation professional.

In short, don't be so quick to prostitute yourself to Atlas or the rest of the industry. It's ok to want to work here for the right reasons but let it not be at all cost! With over 15,000 of total time, many type ratings and having worked for many different outfits, the novelty does wear off after a while. So do take the time to carefully consider your options, chiefly around your goals in life and that of your family (if you have one) and pursue wisely....it will all be here long after you and I are gone
BOOYAH!

After applying every opening since 10/2010, I finally got the call, interview, and made it to the pool! Can't wait to be swapping stories at the grill!

And for those wondering, 2 internal recs, 6,500 total time, current RJ CA with 1,100 TPIC.

This last window, one of my internals wrote an awesome new letter of rec and sent it to the chief pilot and cc'd HR. I got the email for the test about two weeks later. So I suspect that helped.

Thanks to everyone on here who has contributed to this thread. The gouge was spot on and a HUGE contributing factor to my getting this far.
Too many "lean forward", or "salute and execute" or "Chowdry will provide" types have kept this place from going from upstart to mature, serious CBA.

It's up to us, not the 25%.
Quote: Too many "lean forward", or "salute and execute" or "Chowdry will provide" types have kept this place from going from upstart to mature, serious CBA.

I don't disagree with that statement, and that sentiment, but it is impossible to get from one fully-negotiated and one arbitrated CBA to a mature CBA...even if the Atlas group was to your (and my) liking.

It is absolutely up to us to take the next round of negotiations by the horns and take the next CBA to where it belongs...
Interview gouge
Quote: BOOYAH!

After applying every opening since 10/2010, I finally got the call, interview, and made it to the pool! Can't wait to be swapping stories at the grill!

Thanks to everyone on here who has contributed to this thread. The gouge was spot on and a HUGE contributing factor to my getting this far.
Quote: Swimming! Thanks to everyone for the gouge on here, it was invaluable.
Congratulations!! Now start preparing for one heck of an adventure! So far there don't seem to be any whispers that I've heard of, for any up coming classes..today, but can easily change tomorrow.

Now if I may add a request. I have been collecting gouges that I privately distribute to those that come seeking it. You say the gouge here was invaluable, if you are willing to pay it forward to the next generation of interviewers, would you mind taking a moment and writing down your interview experience to the best of your memory and sending a copy to me (PM)?

For those that are preparing for an Atlas interview, please feel free to PM me and I'm more than happy to help you in your studies
Quote: Too many "lean forward", or "salute and execute" or "Chowdry will provide" types have kept this place from going from upstart to mature, serious CBA.

wheres the Standing ovation emoticon!!!
301  701  751  791  797  798  799  800  801  802  803  804  805  811  851  901  1301  1801 
Page 801 of 2044
Go to