Scope and the JCBA

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 26
Go to
This is pasted from another board, but it's too important not to share:

Quote:
The RJ 50 was voted on by the membership and it passed, as a standalone issue, by a small margin because the pilot group was blinded by the ESOP, record profits, growth and lots of shiny new 777s.

The RJ 70 issue was passed in a dark corner, without anyone getting a say, during a period of MASSIVE CUTS AND FURLOUGHS.

EVERYONE learned a valuable lesson from those events and I cannot even envisage a scenario where that lesson is forgotten, or pilots being blinded by the light emanating from a big pile of money. For one, as a group, I do not think we are nearly as gullible as we may have been in the past. For two, there is not a pile of money big enough to make up for what we have lost, so it is imperative we do not make the same mistake as we have in the past, to ensure we have a future....ALL OF US....as outsourcing i NOT just an issue for those on the lower end of the seniority list. As has been shown, the vacuum that sucks pilots out of the company also sucks pilots out of their seats and down the food chain. So, not only have we lost hourly rate dollars, but we have lost seat movement dollars, QWL and the fraternity of thousands of fellow pilots in the bargain.

Stay focused, stay informed, stay the course.
Also,

Quote:
Without scope they can offer you $1000/hour...because it will only last until they can replace it with RJs. Scope is the foundation of this contract. Every thing will fall without a strong scope.
True 'dat!!!
Quote:
Without scope they can offer you $1000/hour...because it will only last until they can replace it with RJs. Scope is the foundation of this contract. Every thing will fall without a strong scope.
I've been saying the same thing to everyone. There is no need to go past the scope section of the contract to compensation if the scope section will allow the company to outsource me to a regional or foreign carrier. At that point compensation, scheduling, vacation, retirement will be moot.
Quote:

Interesting seeing me quoted outside of my normal place. If they shut us down I may well start spending more time here. It will be nice to hear some different views than the blue and gold guys.
Quote: Quote:
If they shut us down I may well start spending more time here. It will be nice to hear some different views than the blue and gold guys.
If they shut us down, this board is going to be flooded.
Here they come....
Any details?
"Interesting seeing me quoted outside of my normal place. If they shut us down I may well start spending more time here. It will be nice to hear some different views than the blue and gold guys."

your following is larger than you think...Good to see a fellow c57 guy.
Brad
That was really, really lame. Here come the fireworks.
They shut it down!!!!!!
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 26
Go to