FedEx TA reached

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52 
Page 2 of 62
Go to
I voted NO on the last one, and not afraid to do so again. Hopefully the NC won't give us the Dog n Pony shows trying to jam this down our throat. Just give us the facts and let us decide. If it's good and makes sense vote yes. If it sucks like the last one, we don't need the likes of BC and DW challenging us to fights to convince us it's the bomb.
Semantics
Quote: Agreed but this one statement makes me highly skeptical:

"...our outstanding LOAs..."
I believe it's "outstanding" as in pre-exisiting. Not "outstanding" as in great. Could be wrong though...
??????????????????????
Maybe we had some leverage after all. Good job to the MEC for recognizing it.

On a seperate note they can keep 4A2b as long as I get my lump sum . Just kidding.
Mod note:

Stickied this one to the top since I am sure in the coming days/weeks it will get some traffic.
Quote: I believe it's "outstanding" as in pre-exisiting. Not "outstanding" as in great. Could be wrong though...
That is the way I read it as well.
I suspect the FDA LOA was important to the company afterall. I can't think of a reason they'd be interested in this deal otherwise...

Can't wait to see the details...
Quote: I voted NO on the last one, and not afraid to do so again. Hopefully the NC won't give us the Dog n Pony shows trying to jam this down our throat. Just give us the facts and let us decide. If it's good and makes sense vote yes. If it sucks like the last one, we don't need the likes of BC and DW challenging us to fights to convince us it's the bomb.
Different group......sounds like a pragmatic approach. You sound like a beaten wife.
Quote: That is the way I read it as well.
Ditto...

Our last CBA just tacked some LOA's into the appendix rather than making them part of the primary document.

I hope that the "some grievance settlements of broad significance" means a 4A.2b. fix.
No mention of 4A2B
Congratulations to the Negotiating Committee on what they say is a TA that extracts economic improvements, and has no give backs. The short duration of the contract makes sense in the context of the NPRM, from both sides. Rather than being called a tentative agreement, let's just call it a temporary agreement. The company will get its FDAs and the pilots get a raise without waiting for years. I am much more inclined to vote yes on an agreement that is basically book plus a raise, plus a better foreign domicile arrangement. Longer term strategic goals, such as removing 4A2B from the contract, were not mentioned, which is not surprising with the swiftness of the agreement and the shortness of its duration. Clearly, items such as 4A2B need to be addressed, hopefully before another economic crisis finds the company looking to balance its books disproportionally on our backs.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52 
Page 2 of 62
Go to