FDX MEC Endorses TA

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 14
Go to
I know it's still early...But, based on the comments I've read so far on this thread, I predict it will pass by 68%.
Deadheading on trains is a no go. In China, yeah right.
I was giving people $hit for making their mind up before reading this.

OK, I read it. It's a definite NO for me. The gains were:

A lump sum based on a ridiculous year of earnings due to 4.A.2.b.
A few pennies of per diem, which should be higher, but it really amounts to around $4-5 dollars/day.
A 3% raise.
A slightly enhanced FDA package.
ASAP. If the company supposedly cares about safety, this shouldn't be a "gain" for us.

I just didn't see enough to make me vote for it.
Old Guy Pay
Old Guys can bid with each other and get $1k a month more money for trips they wouldn't be able to fly anyway.

Hmmmm
Quote: I know it's still early...But, based on the comments I've read so far on this thread, I predict it will pass by 68%.
You are probably right but unless someone can give me some serious enlightenment, I will be part of the 32%. I proudly passed on about $18k worth of draft during 4a2b and I will pass on this as far as I can see right now.
Quote: Just make sure its less than 4 hours, not between the hours of 0200-0459 LBT, has 2 classes of service and the company books it otherwise you may get one of those company friendly letters, saying your outside the CBA and thank you for providing us with free transportation.
Just wait till the next contract. The Dubai FDA will allow DH on camels, the MNL FDA will allow jeepneys and Victory Liners....the ones with videoke!
Five words, un be lieve a ble.

So, does this mean that the economy is not roaring back, business has no confidence in our gov't, unemployment is actually worse than 9% and the dollar is still trash worldwide?
SS said in the video the MEC voted to send the TA to us. Did I miss it? I don't recall him using the word, unanimously anywhere.
Quote: Am I missing something? The current CBA didn't have 737 pay rates did it? LOL.

FWIW

Not that it matters much to this thread, but actually it was addressed.
At the signing date in October 2006 FDX did not have 757's or 737's on property, We did have A 380's on order as well as a rate. We know how that ended.

But I digress, Both 757 and 737 aircraft were specifically mentioned in Section 26K. Both would pay Narrow body rates should they enter service.
Do you think we needed to keep the 380 rates in the contract? Kind of a slap in the face!!
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 14
Go to