TMC- Travel Management Company

Subscribe
6  46  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  66  106 
Page 56 of 120
Go to
Quote: With the hiring going in now I would go 121. I did 135 to build time. After years of getting used and abused with plenty of total time and jet PIC I left to the 121 side and never want to go back to that world!
Do whatever you need to get quality flight time and PIC then get on with a major!
So maybe DPJ for awhile and then a major after? DPJ sounds a lot better 'today' than TMC so if I'm hopping to another 135 job it'll be to DPJ. I've been kind of considering Republic but not really sure. Stuck in between DPJ and somewhere like Republic at the moment. But, if I could build hours with DPJ and with all the retirement in the next ten years at the majors, maybe a major would be possible after DPJ.
Quote: So maybe DPJ for awhile and then a major after? DPJ sounds a lot better 'today' than TMC so if I'm hopping to another 135 job it'll be to DPJ. I've been kind of considering Republic but not really sure. Stuck in between DPJ and somewhere like Republic at the moment. But, if I could build hours with DPJ and with all the retirement in the next ten years at the majors, maybe a major would be possible after DPJ.
Is a major your goal? If so, just go to a regional with relatively short upgrade times and a FLOW THROUGH agreement to a major. Commutair now has a flow through to United and Piedmont now offers a flow through to American. Both are adding jets from other regionals which translates into faster upgrade times. Why even consider Republic with its financial concerns and its lack of a flow through? I just heard Delta is suing Republic because it is canceling feeder flights due to pilot shortages.
Interview
Howdy everyone, this is my first time posting on here. I applied to TMC last month and got a call back and an interview date within two days. They offered to fly me out, put me in a hotel, and get a rental car. My interview is on 12/15. Im not posting to ask about what the conditions are like here, the nature of what I'm getting into is obvious. What do you guys think I should study up on for the written test they give prior to employment? Like, are these tests over ATP questions or just 135/91 regs? The last two 135 operators I worked for didn't have written portions for the interview.
It has been 4+ years since I took their written, but it was mostly airport signage, 91/135 regs and then calculate the slope of a runway given the elevation at both ends.
Any chance of one getting a job at TMC with 4000tt (no jet time) /2100MPIC (all on the king air)/college diploma? Looking at making a move here in January/February and the schedule and home basing is what appeals to me with TMC.
Quote: Any chance of one getting a job at TMC with 4000tt (no jet time) /2100MPIC (all on the king air)/college diploma? Looking at making a move here in January/February and the schedule and home basing is what appeals to me with TMC.
I interviewed with a guy that had 600 hours in the King Air. All other time was piston. I don't recall his total time but it wasn't much. Pretty sure he was hired.
TMC just sold to TPG Capital
Quote: TMC just sold to TPG Capital
What's your source?
The Internet, of course
This man speaks the truth. The Internet does not lie.
6  46  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  66  106 
Page 56 of 120
Go to