Xojet

Subscribe
5  45  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  65  105  155 
Page 55 of 221
Go to
Quote: XO doesn't do seniority based upgrades do they?
Its seniority based mixed with merit. You need letters of rec to get you into the pool and it's seniority based after that. There's been some changes to the process but that's the quick and dirty on it.
Quote: XO doesn't do seniority based upgrades do they?
Yes we do.
If the upgrade requires letters it isn't seniority based. One guy doesn't like you and you will be forced to make a move somewhere else. Now with a training contract that will be even more difficult, even with companies that have seniority based upgrades hiring. Not worth it.
Quote: If the upgrade requires letters it isn't seniority based. One guy doesn't like you and you will be forced to make a move somewhere else. Now with a training contract that will be even more difficult, even with companies that have seniority based upgrades hiring. Not worth it.
The training contract was 1 year. No one is upgrading in 1 year there anyway. As far as I remember you needed 3 letters of rec to get into the pool. So if you flew with 2 dozen different captains, and 1 didn't like you it certainly wouldn't prevent you from getting 3 letters of rec. If you couldn't get 3 letters out of 2 dozen people, then something's wrong alright.....
Training contracts even in trying times are just wrong, in the present environment they are ridiculous
Quote: The training contract was 1 year. No one is upgrading in 1 year there anyway. As far as I remember you needed 3 letters of rec to get into the pool. So if you flew with 2 dozen different captains, and 1 didn't like you it certainly wouldn't prevent you from getting 3 letters of rec. If you couldn't get 3 letters out of 2 dozen people, then something's wrong alright.....
Agreed. I can assure you that guys have upgraded that didn't have 100% positive peer reviews. The review process serves well to straighten out the bad attitudes that sometimes sneak through the hiring/screening process. If you know your stuff and have a good attitude, you will upgrade in seniority order. If you have a bad attitude or maybe lack the knowledge/experience to be a captain, then you won't.

Don't forget, most/all companies that have a union backed seniority system also have a 1-year probationary period where either side (Union or compan) can have an individual released if their attitude gets the best of them.

Different process, same intent.
Quick question. What are the consequences of breaking the training contract?

I put in about 2 weeks ago. Still waiting to hear.
Anyone else have problems getting the application to come up in Safari?

Thanks
Quote: Anyone else have problems getting the application to come up in Safari?

Thanks
I switched to Firefox a couple months back just for this very reason. I was filling out multiple online applications and Safari only worked about 50% of the time.

I can verify it works fine with Firefox.
I interviewed on site at WAI and I thought it went pretty well, they called the week after with the TBNT. Wondering if anyone internal knows anything about trends for people interviewed that may have taken them out., I had a good feeling leaving the interview room, so it kind of surprised me.

I'm a mil guy with about 2700 TT 1300 PIC all turbine
5  45  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  65  105  155 
Page 55 of 221
Go to