Skywest

Subscribe
164  664  1064  1114  1154  1160  1161  1162  1163  1164  1165  1166  1167  1168  1174  1214  1264 
Page 1164 of 1519
Go to
Can a new hire get IAH base? What equipment is based there?
Quote: Can a new hire get IAH base? What equipment is based there?
New hires can get pretty much any base within a few months. IAH is all 700s.

With how short we are there's not a lot of difference for how senior a base is to just transfer to anymore. You can get anywhere pretty quick. There's a pretty big difference on where you'll hold a line the quickest as a new hire though.
Quote: What are these 'dropped trips' you speak of? I believe they are about as elusive and rare as the mystical griffin (half-eagle, half-lion) that had medieval storytellers so enthralled.

In your Skywest career, you are more likely to encounter an actual griffin at FL390 (er...make that FL350 for us RJ chaps) than you are to actually ever be able to 'drop' a trip.

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who's managed to actually drop a trip in the past few years. (Management pilots don't count.)
I haven't been able to drop a trip to reserves for almost 2 years now. And I have only had one or two trips picked up in that same time frame by other pilots. When you are in the top 50% and getting awarded 95 hours per month, I am losing trips that my seniority should be able to hold to junior pilots due to "replaced due to line constraints"

Reserve levels seem to be up across the board. Let's see what that does for PBS and our ability to do anything with our trips. I still don't think the reserve levels are high enough to meet minimum daily.
Quote: You can close the door for privacy, there's actually a room within the room that has the second bed in it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=phot...supCNjfelwM%3A
Sometimes they use the single room suites. They bring in two twin beds. When I was in transition I was give a two room suite and some new hires had the single room. I thought it was kind of messed up that I had a bigger room.
Quote: I haven't been able to drop a trip to reserves for almost 2 years now. And I have only had one or two trips picked up in that same time frame by other pilots. When you are in the top 50% and getting awarded 95 hours per month, I am losing trips that my seniority should be able to hold to junior pilots due to "replaced due to line constraints"

Reserve levels seem to be up across the board. Let's see what that does for PBS and our ability to do anything with our trips. I still don't think the reserve levels are high enough to meet minimum daily.
ZERO reserves for PDX next month....I dink
Any word on EFB's? iPad, surface, time frame?
Quote: ZERO reserves for PDX next month....I dink
Down from 2 last month. And amazingly enough there are two pilots with transfer requests in to PDX from bases that would be able to give up a pilot each.

Things like this are what helps drive my belief that our QOL is the last thing anyone cares about.
Quote: Any word on EFB's? iPad, surface, time frame?
It is a Surface but no time frame I know of, they do exist and are not mythical. Potential roll out with new SOP in September but there has been some back & forth over policy still so who knows.
Quote: Things like this are what helps drive my belief that our QOL is the last thing anyone cares about.
50 captain reserve lines in DEN next month, nice to see finally. Might bid reserve to hopefully relax a wee bit after a long spring/summer of 100 hour months. Though I'll probably just end up TDY'd somewhere
I just got a little pop-up type postcard in the mail from Skywest trying to recruit me. I've been at Trans States for nearly a decade now and have never applied to SkyWest or ExpressJet in the past. Getting desperate over there? I know everyone is coming up short but honestly what's next, cold calls?
164  664  1064  1114  1154  1160  1161  1162  1163  1164  1165  1166  1167  1168  1174  1214  1264 
Page 1164 of 1519
Go to