Skywest

Subscribe
458  958  1358  1408  1448  1454  1455  1456  1457  1458  1459  1460  1461  1462  1468  1508 
Page 1458 of 1519
Go to
Bring one of those portable VHF radios for IOE just in case you have a comm failure, you'll still have your handheld backup.
Quote: Bring one of those portable VHF radios for IOE just in case you have a comm failure, you'll still have your handheld backup.
Just make sure it has a VOR/LOC receiver...
Quote: Great thanks! I'm in the Feb 22nd class. Anyone else?
Quote: See you in class!
Me as well!
Hey Guys. I am still in chinaman 152 world 5 months to go, but I am researching where to start airlining. I used to be a ski bum in SLC and I imagine I would have the best QOL there with outdoor recreation. But I am reading a lot about "Princess Base" and " Permanent Reserve" and I am starting to question if I will be able to get there and hold SLC anytime soon. And If I do, whether or not I will ever fly, or just be the reserve guy for years and years who rarely gets called. Which would make SLC a poor decision for career aspirations at the majors, while trading QOL for career advancement. Does anyone here have any experience with a similar situation. Trying to get to a senior base while sacrifice line holding and flight time. Is it a possibility to live in most junior base and get most junior airplane for career advancement, then work the schedule to get bigger block of time off, weeks, to then go travel or recreate. I have no desire to commute, or wait for the ERJ.
Quote: Hey Guys. I am still in chinaman 152 world 5 months to go, but I am researching where to start airlining. I used to be a ski bum in SLC and I imagine I would have the best QOL there with outdoor recreation. But I am reading a lot about "Princess Base" and " Permanent Reserve" and I am starting to question if I will be able to get there and hold SLC anytime soon. And If I do, whether or not I will ever fly, or just be the reserve guy for years and years who rarely gets called. Which would make SLC a poor decision for career aspirations at the majors, while trading QOL for career advancement. Does anyone here have any experience with a similar situation. Trying to get to a senior base while sacrifice line holding and flight time. Is it a possibility to live in most junior base and get most junior airplane for career advancement, then work the schedule to get bigger block of time off, weeks, to then go travel or recreate. I have no desire to commute, or wait for the ERJ.
It seems like new hires only a month or two removed from training are getting SLC, if not sooner. I don't think you'd be on perpetual reserve as there is a lot of movement company wide on the FO side. I'm not SLC based, so I'm not sure on the reserve staffing there. Upgrading into SLC is a whole different story however.
You'll probably not upgrade in SLC for a decade or more but getting it as an FO in a few months seems possible now. Don't worry about sitting around - you'll fly.

As far as the animosity towards the SLC domicile - it's just that the flying is so much better than every other domicile that there's a lot of jealousy. That and we're just better.
Quote: You'll probably not upgrade in SLC for a decade or more but getting it as an FO in a few months seems possible now. Don't worry about sitting around - you'll fly.

As far as the animosity towards the SLC domicile - it's just that the flying is so much better than every other domicile that there's a lot of jealousy. That and we're just better.
They also have the nicest crew lounge in the system.
any one know how long the wait is to get PHX based right now?
Quote: any one know how long the wait is to get PHX based right now?
Unfortunately PHX is shrinking. Unattainable currently.
Quote: any one know how long the wait is to get PHX based right now?
Unfortunately, PHX has become the most senior FO CRJ base.
458  958  1358  1408  1448  1454  1455  1456  1457  1458  1459  1460  1461  1462  1468  1508 
Page 1458 of 1519
Go to