Skywest

Subscribe
465  965  1365  1415  1455  1461  1462  1463  1464  1465  1466  1467  1468  1469  1475  1515 
Page 1465 of 1519
Go to
Quote: 3-6 weeks.....
Nobody in the training department seemed to know. Thank you
Quote: Nobody in the training department seemed to know. Thank you
They are too busy trying to get out and updating their resume.
Quote: Anyone know current wait times for IOE out of ORD on the 175?
Quote: 3-6 weeks.....
More like 7-8 weeks. I know of a guy from the 1 Oct class who just started IOE - I think one of the last guys in his class to start IOE.

My class, 15 Oct, starts IOE trips on 24 Jan - which is about 8 weeks since that guy's (the first in our class) checkride. My bestie's checkride was 30 Nov, his first trip departs 26 Jan (IOE out of PDX.) Other people who checked on 30 Nov have yet to be scheduled for their first trip.
Quote: More like 7-8 weeks. I know of a guy from the 1 Oct class who just started IOE - I think one of the last guys in his class to start IOE.

My class, 15 Oct, starts IOE trips on 24 Jan - which is about 8 weeks since that guy's (the first in our class) checkride. My bestie's checkride was 30 Nov, his first trip departs 26 Jan (IOE out of PDX.) Other people who checked on 30 Nov have yet to be scheduled for their first trip.
He is actually not entirely wrong.

Some people have received IOE in as little as 3 weeks from different LCAs. Not saying your wrong at all, but not everyone gets 7-8 weeks off
The CRJ IOE starts 1-3 weeks after checkride... Come to the dark side, we have flying!!!
Quote: The CRJ IOE starts 1-3 weeks after checkride... Come to the dark side, we have flying!!!
I had 4 days...
Quote: More like 7-8 weeks. I know of a guy from the 1 Oct class who just started IOE - I think one of the last guys in his class to start IOE.

I was 3 weeks and I was the first to go. The guy you are talking about was the last guy in our class to check and there may be other circumstances as to why he is going so late. Oct 1 class had 30+ people so we didn't help your classes wait times. We are struggling to get 100 hours in 120 days. They are displacing people off of trips so we don't have to go back to Denver for another ride.
Anyone got the DOH for lineholders in LA, SFO, PDX, SEA?

For the RJ
Quote: You guys really need to push for ASA's flightline. This is the pitfall we set out to avoid. Chip Childs, however, has said he is going after it as it's an "industry leading" PBS system, including Mainline Carriers. I would love to see SkyWest get a hold of it. Of course, SAPA and your mgmt will vehemently be against it.

AnchorDown
Couple things. How can you tell CC is lying? His lips are moving. If he thinks it is "industry leading" then that is enough to be a little weary of it. I would love to see SW go with something else. The only problem is there is absolutely no reason SW would want to get anything else. PBS does exactly what SW needs it to do. Staffs the flying and leaves no open time so we can have 6% reserve coverage.

SAPA would only be against it if Management told them to be against it. If Management told SAPA that flightline would make all their wildest dreams come true, they would push this same message to the pilots and convince them it is in their best interests to take a pay cut to get it. I think we had some leverage to get some QOL things with the last pay vote, PBS fixes should have been a big one. But our NC was fooled with the pseudo first offer and couldn't vote the second one in fast enough. Even though everyone who flew the line and has to bid said that what was offered wouldn't do anything for our QOL.

I guess when your EC hasn't had to bid for a line in 7 or so years, they wouldn't really worry too much about bidding issues. But we are working on it now. I think once they get all those reserve rewrite policies in place, the PBS stuff will be just around the corner. Once you realize that SW does not care about you or your QOL, it really makes it much easier to work here.

I was in that oct class. It was a 9 week wait for me...
465  965  1365  1415  1455  1461  1462  1463  1464  1465  1466  1467  1468  1469  1475  1515 
Page 1465 of 1519
Go to