TWA Pilots vs. ALPA in DFR suit

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 
Page 14 of 21
Go to
Quote: If you are a non-ALPA pilot because you are grandfathered in, that's one thing.

If you are a non-ALPA pilot because your pilot group throws ALPA out the door, that's one thing.

However - if you, as an individual pilot, refuse to pay your ALPA assessments, ALPA can place you in "poor standing" and eventually require the company to terminate you. Naturally, ALPA will not represent you at your termination hearing. It will not happen overnight, but it can happen if the LEC wants to force the issue.
True, but what is Delta Air Lines going to do if all 12,000+ refuse to pay any special assessment for the TWA debacle?
Quote: True, but what is Delta Air Lines going to do if all 12,000+ refuse to pay any special assessment for the TWA debacle?
Depends on your LECs. Maybe a national assessment will get pressure from national?

Personally, I would love to see all 12,000 refuse to pay just to see the Herndon hand wringing.
Quote: True, but what is Delta Air Lines going to do if all 12,000+ refuse to pay any special assessment for the TWA debacle?
Delta pilots have already bailed ALPA out this year to the tune of approx $2.0 million GRABBED from the profit sharing checks earlier this year.

How much $ did ALPA loose in the court ruling against its own employees this year? Approx $1.9 million.
Quote: Research the history and facts you attempt to apply in favor of your position.
No need. All I need is a jury who will see things my way. History, facts, circumstances don't matter if you can sway most of a jury.
Quote: That is true. If damages come down hard, they won't have to try it will happen on its own.
Heyas Shiz,

Tru dat.

Our wide ranging discussions of scope, DFR, DPA, donuts, quarterly reports, fuel hedging, management of expectations, teh intraweb, and what not...all conversations that might be outside of what your typical line pilot might engage in, especially ones with families, Reserve/Guard gigs, side businesses, good golf games, etc.

BUT, take one more penny out of their paycheck, and you will have their FULL attention, and not in a good way.

Nu
I think regional pilots represented by ALPA (Comair, etc) have a huge lawsuit for mis-representation and lack of representation as well.
Quote: No need. All I need is a jury who will see things my way. History, facts, circumstances don't matter if you can sway most of a jury.
Sounds like a great idea for you to use this argument during appeal. That'll work great.

Carl
Quote: In a related story, OJ found "not guilty" of murder...
Good thing for him he didn't have to rely on ALPA to represent him. Or he'd be playing golf in his cell with one of those indoor miniature golf practice thingees that executives use in their offices. Although I would feel alot safer!!!
Drop the college degree requirement.
Quote: I think regional pilots represented by ALPA (Comair, etc) have a huge lawsuit for mis-representation and lack of representation as well.
The regionals already take a huge amount more money in than they pay in dues. They are literally subsidized by the legacy parts of ALPA by a wide margin.
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 
Page 14 of 21
Go to