L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Subscribe
38  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  58 
Page 48 of 69
Go to
If someone’s company is telling them pay rates are proprietary and they shouldnt be talking about them I’m pretty sure that company is breaking federal law.
Quote: If someone’s company is telling them pay rates are proprietary and they shouldnt be talking about them I’m pretty sure that company is breaking federal law.
Yet, nobody is doing it.
Since when has sharing pay become so controversial
When I worked at an ISR company there was always the perception that talking about pay could get you fired.

Below is a link to a podcast that has partly changed my view on sharing about pay. HR and the company owner know exactly what everyone is paid. Employees thinking pay scales are secret only cedes negotiating power to the company. I like the idea that good leaders should have no problem explaining to their employees why different people earn different pay.

Have a listen and see what you think. Interesting to hear a perspective that is different than the status quo if nothing else.

https://www.npr.org/programs/ted-rad...5/transparency
Hi everyone,

I’ve applied to L3 several months ago for the SIC position and have been keeping the app updated. Currently have an ATP and 1800TT 1100 multi 1200 PIC. I don’t have a current clearance, I used to be enlisted in the Marines. Is there anything I can do to help my chances?
Quote: Hi everyone,

I’ve applied to L3 several months ago for the SIC position and have been keeping the app updated. Currently have an ATP and 1800TT 1100 multi 1200 PIC. I don’t have a current clearance, I used to be enlisted in the Marines. Is there anything I can do to help my chances?

With those numbers, they will reach out to you. Give them time. The clearance thing though... I'm just guessing, and this is my opinion, there is probably a pool of folks applying that already have clearances so you might have to contend with that. You have to remember, the company now has to pay for that in money and time.

On the bright side,with those numbers, someone will pick you up, no doubt.
Quote: With those numbers, they will reach out to you. Give them time. The clearance thing though... I'm just guessing, and this is my opinion, there is probably a pool of folks applying that already have clearances so you might have to contend with that. You have to remember, the company now has to pay for that in money and time.

On the bright side,with those numbers, someone will pick you up, no doubt.
I was told even reinvestigations for people who currently have clearances can take upwards of a year for TS. Waaayyy behind is an understatement.
Quote: Hi everyone,

I was a former enlisted Marine with slightly more time than that and I got picked up. I had a current clearance but that’s not a showstopper these days by any stretch of the imagination. There other companies out there besides L3 and Dynamic. PM if you want some suggestions.
Quote: I was told even reinvestigations for people who currently have clearances can take upwards of a year for TS. Waaayyy behind is an understatement.
How odd. It seems like just yesterday that the white house was pencil whipping them out by the hundreds...
Quote: I was told even reinvestigations for people who currently have clearances can take upwards of a year for TS. Waaayyy behind is an understatement.
I am not sure about the other companies, but L3 only requires a secret now. You can actually go some locations with only an interim.
38  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  58 
Page 48 of 69
Go to