Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2019, 07:43 AM   #491  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: DashTrash. King Air 90/200 PIC
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandardBrief View Post
Calm yourself down. I am comparing them based off my experience. My experience is that L3 does a Skype interview and Dynamic makes you travel to property for a sim eval. That is simply a fact, and probably a big deal for those of us who had jobs we couldn't easily leave to go interview. In no way was that the ONE AND ONLY reason to go to L3. Also, if you read the rest of my post you would have seen that I said it is an ok company and that I would happily be there if L3 didn't hire me first.
who is not calm? loll.

I said to not just look at interview style and ramp coverage. I'm sure L3 is ok enough for you also.
Varietyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #492  
Gets Weekends Off
 
majorpilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: Part 135 / CFI-I / FAST-carded formation pilot
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
How odd. It seems like just yesterday that the white house was pencil whipping them out by the hundreds...

Only if you’re a big campaign contributor, own some masseuse parlors that provide an service to your friends, are a true swamp creature, or are married/related to The Don...

For the rest of us poor slobs, suck it up! It’s only our country...and OUR money...
majorpilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #493  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 71
Default L3 and members of the military....

L3 seemed to have an issue with members of the military...and got pinched for it.

https://l3userraclassaction.com/courtdocuments.html
OtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:16 AM   #494  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherGuy View Post
L3 seemed to have an issue with members of the military...and got pinched for it.

https://l3userraclassaction.com/courtdocuments.html
That's a settlement, not a court ruling, and it's for those claiming that they were not hired based on their status as USAF Reserve members in Washington State. A USERRA claim. Those awarded money claim they didn't get hired because of their status as reserve members. The claim, as class-action, extends to any who applied in the specified time frame, and who were Washington reserve or guard, who had at least 2,000 hours of flight time, or ISR experience, or King Air experience. Even if they were not hired for other reasons...the mere fact that they fall in that category means they get a share of the settlement.

That's a far cry from establishing that L3 has a problem with service members.

An ANG member who has flown a King Air and whipped out an application, who didn't get hired, gets a payout. Free money, not for having done anything, but for not having done anything.

Imagine if all the others who didn't get hired by L3 during that time could get a piece of the pie...
JohnBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #495  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
That's a settlement, not a court ruling, and it's for those claiming that they were not hired based on their status as USAF Reserve members in Washington State. A USERRA claim. Those awarded money claim they didn't get hired because of their status as reserve members. The claim, as class-action, extends to any who applied in the specified time frame, and who were Washington reserve or guard, who had at least 2,000 hours of flight time, or ISR experience, or King Air experience. Even if they were not hired for other reasons...the mere fact that they fall in that category means they get a share of the settlement.

That's a far cry from establishing that L3 has a problem with service members.

An ANG member who has flown a King Air and whipped out an application, who didn't get hired, gets a payout. Free money, not for having done anything, but for not having done anything.

Imagine if all the others who didn't get hired by L3 during that time could get a piece of the pie...
I am certain they would hire them now.
StandardBrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:46 AM   #496  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,586
Default

Yes. Everyone that wasn't hired before will get hired now.

Sound logic.

Not.
JohnBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:09 PM   #497  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Yes. Everyone that wasn't hired before will get hired now.

Sound logic.

Not.
I am referring to the massive turnover rate of pilots at L3 (or all of the ISR companies). They are hurting in a bad way to put people in the seats. We're hiring people with zero turboprop time and in some cases of SICs, zero multi-engine time. The company is paying for people to get commercial MEL add-ons. If those people who were affected by that lawsuit were to apply now, I am sure many of them would get hired. I wouldn't say getting hired here is as easy as getting hired by a regional, but if you can interview well and don't have anything holding you back from a clearance, your chances are good.
StandardBrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:46 PM   #498  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandardBrief View Post
I am referring to the massive turnover rate of pilots at L3 (or all of the ISR companies). They are hurting in a bad way to put people in the seats. We're hiring people with zero turboprop time and in some cases of SICs, zero multi-engine time. The company is paying for people to get commercial MEL add-ons. If those people who were affected by that lawsuit were to apply now, I am sure many of them would get hired. I wouldn't say getting hired here is as easy as getting hired by a regional, but if you can interview well and don't have anything holding you back from a clearance, your chances are good.
Ah.

Times have changed, that's for sure.
JohnBurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:51 AM   #499  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandardBrief View Post
I am referring to the massive turnover rate of pilots at L3 (or all of the ISR companies). They are hurting in a bad way to put people in the seats. We're hiring people with zero turboprop time and in some cases of SICs, zero multi-engine time. The company is paying for people to get commercial MEL add-ons. If those people who were affected by that lawsuit were to apply now, I am sure many of them would get hired. I wouldn't say getting hired here is as easy as getting hired by a regional, but if you can interview well and don't have anything holding you back from a clearance, your chances are good.
So with that being said, would 900TT, 20ME, instrument proficient and an active SECRET clearance be considered? I'm retiring after 20 years active duty USCG in September. Total time should be around 1000 by then. Points of clarification. I'm not a military aviator. I have no turboprop time. Hiring question pertains to an SIC position.

Last edited by DeeDee214; 06-14-2019 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Clarification
DeeDee214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:32 PM   #500  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee214 View Post
So with that being said, would 900TT, 20ME, instrument proficient and an active SECRET clearance be considered? I'm retiring after 20 years active duty USCG in September. Total time should be around 1000 by then. Points of clarification. I'm not a military aviator. I have no turboprop time. Hiring question pertains to an SIC position.
As long as you meet the minimums for the position in question you should be considered. Bare minimums for SIC are 1000 total time and 500 hours PIC time. Those are hard numbers, unable to be waived by the company due to government required minimums.
StandardBrief is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:21 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1