Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Old 09-02-2019, 04:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

The ISR industry is hurting for pilots as much as everyone else is. My company just hired a bunch of SIC’s that can’t deploy yet because they are still waiting on clearances. Much to my dismay I might add because the rest of us are picking up the slack and flying our balls off.

My recommendation is to apply to everyone if you meet the mins. Hell, apply even if you don’t have them.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:49 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by KA350Driver View Post
The ISR industry is hurting for pilots as much as everyone else is. My company just hired a bunch of SIC’s that can’t deploy yet because they are still waiting on clearances. Much to my dismay I might add because the rest of us are picking up the slack and flying our balls off.

My recommendation is to apply to everyone if you meet the mins. Hell, apply even if you don’t have them.
How onerous and lengthy is the process to obtain secret clearance for a pure civilian? Obviously don’t need specifics but it sounds as though that’s not a hard-roadblock to hiring? I have operated OCONUS bush flying but not for DoD etc....
Old 09-02-2019, 04:49 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: Front Leaning Rest

How long is the training for SICs? How’s the quality of training? Currently looking at applying at L3. Current secret clearance. Do SICs get type? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:38 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Seems like they keep advertising for considerably higher times as of late. Definitely not to the SIC levels they were at. L3s reads as though they trying to entice Army RW folks. I'd really like to get on this but my times just aren't there yet.(Wasn't a Mil Pilot but never met one I didn't want to jump out of in flight.)
Old 09-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Can you tell us who you work for, or PM me? I have a current TS/SCI clearance and BE300 SIC type.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:11 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: BE300 Captain

Originally Posted by Diverb View Post
Can you tell us who you work for, or PM me? I have a current TS/SCI clearance and BE300 SIC type.
I would say apply to L-3 and Lidos. They have the contracts and others are losing the contracts. IMHO I would stay away from the three letter company. They have never won a contract and only buy up the competitors to get contracts. Upper management has no idea about aviation and just makes guess. IMHO I don't see upper management being around more than 8 month to 1 year.

However this is a great time to be a pilot. All companies are hiring !!
Good luck
Old 09-04-2019, 10:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

L-3 usually has 3 different positions. You just have to find the right on on the website. The SIC 1000 total hours will be the bare minimum. If you don't see it just wait for it to be reposted. Could be that that requisition was filled, timed out, or we are maxed out on SICs.

Type rating yes, but will come with SIC required stipulation. Your dime to get it removed. 8 week CONUS Indoc and then about 4 weeks flying with a company instructor in a very formal syllabus before released to the line.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Of the 1000TT needed, how much ME do they need/want to see?
Old 09-04-2019, 11:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
L-3 usually has 3 different positions. You just have to find the right on on the website. The SIC 1000 total hours will be the bare minimum. If you don't see it just wait for it to be reposted. Could be that that requisition was filled, timed out, or we are maxed out on SICs.

Type rating yes, but will come with SIC required stipulation. Your dime to get it removed. 8 week CONUS Indoc and then about 4 weeks flying with a company instructor in a very formal syllabus before released to the line.
What is the website? I went to this site, but i don't think this is correct

https://www.l3commercialaviation.com...ent-vacancies/
Old 09-05-2019, 04:51 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: In the back

https://l3com.taleo.net/careersectio...rica%2FChicago

https://l3com.taleo.net/careersectio...rica%2FChicago