Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Positive pressure flow.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:28 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2014

How will they know it was you?

Originally Posted by CX500T View Post
Because some contractors will sue or fire you if you do.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2019, 03:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: NYC 7ERA

Large IT Departments, combined with bored management that will try to track you down under the guise of a "security breach" to get the investigators figuring out who (insert user name here is).

Not to mention, subpoenaing forums to get your sign up email, your IP posted from address, and if that dead ends, subpoeaning your email provider, etc until they find you.

Seen it done. Not to me thankfully.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:42 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018

I have an in person interview with Dynamic coming up. I’m flying out to Virginia and they told me to expect a sim session that I should be fine with, but nothing about what comes after that. If anybody has any tips I wouldn’t mind a private message.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Position: EWR 737 FO

Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
I have an in person interview with Dynamic coming up. I’m flying out to Virginia and they told me to expect a sim session that I should be fine with, but nothing about what comes after that. If anybody has any tips I wouldn’t mind a private message.
The "sim" is an old desktop thing but with throttles, yoke, and GA radio stack. If its been a while since you last flew one of those you can go pay for an hour or two of sim time at a local FBO if you can find one. I did, and would have been lost if I hadn't. The profile is something like flying from one SoCal airfield to another. Depart via a SID that can only be flown correctly if you look up the airfield in the stack of FAA pubs they give you. Fly to a fix that has to be ID'd by VOR radials, some holding, then to a feeder fix, then an approach. I don't remember anything like emergencies or ATC problems, just basic IFR flying that anyone with a fresh IFR rating should be able to do.

Here is the email they sent me prior to the interview...

'Dynamic Aviation requires pilots to be fully capable of operating in austere environments (Radar and Non-Radar) with little to no help from ATC. This type of flying is atypical of the flight environment in which many pilots of both civilian and military backgrounds operate. In order to increase the likelihood of successful continued employment at Dynamic Aviation, we have found it beneficial to perform a simple flight evaluation prior to an applicant’s commitment to employment. Therefore, the first part of the Interview process will include a practical assessment in a PC-ATD aircraft simulator. The assessment will consist of a simulated single pilot, IFR flight in a single-engine aircraft. The purpose of the evaluation is for the applicant to demonstrate complete proficiency in IFR procedures (both Radar and Non-Radar). You will be provided with all of the materials required to perform the flight, including government instrument publications (NACO charts). You will not be expected to know power settings, profiles, checklists, or emergency procedures for the assessment. Applicants who do not complete the simulator evaluation successfully will not continue to the next step in the interview process. It is highly recommended that you visit a local FBO or facility that has a similar PC-ATD aircraft simulator for awareness and practice before arriving for your interview and simulator evaluation. Our simulator uses a yoke and the frequencies are changed on a panel that simulates the King Air radios."
Old 12-12-2019, 09:24 AM
New Hire

Thanks for the private messages guys, there were no surprises and it was a good interview. I also received and accepted an offer.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
Thanks for the private messages guys, there were no surprises and it was a good interview. I also received and accepted an offer.
Was this for the ISR FO position in the king air?
Old 12-12-2019, 02:52 PM
New Hire

No, the title of the listing was something like “ ISR Pilot for King Air 90/200 & Dash-8”.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:48 AM
CFIing

Joined APC: Sep 2016

How many hours a year do most ISR pilots fly a year? I’m looking specifically at the Dynamic Dash-8, but any info would be appreciated.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

I fly 8-900 per year with CAT.