Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2019, 05:02 PM   #471  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2014
Posts: 115
Default

If someoneís company is telling them pay rates are proprietary and they shouldnt be talking about them Iím pretty sure that company is breaking federal law.
KA350Driver is offline  
Old 03-27-2019, 06:15 PM   #472  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA350Driver View Post
If someoneís company is telling them pay rates are proprietary and they shouldnt be talking about them Iím pretty sure that company is breaking federal law.
Yet, nobody is doing it.
StandardBrief is offline  
Old 03-28-2019, 07:56 AM   #473  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: DashTrash. King Air 90/200 PIC
Posts: 44
Default

Since when has sharing pay become so controversial
Varietyjones is offline  
Old 04-02-2019, 01:02 PM   #474  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 61
Default

When I worked at an ISR company there was always the perception that talking about pay could get you fired.

Below is a link to a podcast that has partly changed my view on sharing about pay. HR and the company owner know exactly what everyone is paid. Employees thinking pay scales are secret only cedes negotiating power to the company. I like the idea that good leaders should have no problem explaining to their employees why different people earn different pay.

Have a listen and see what you think. Interesting to hear a perspective that is different than the status quo if nothing else.


https://www.npr.org/programs/ted-rad...5/transparency
dbflyer is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 01:12 PM   #475  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Posts: 118
Default

Hi everyone,

Iíve applied to L3 several months ago for the SIC position and have been keeping the app updated. Currently have an ATP and 1800TT 1100 multi 1200 PIC. I donít have a current clearance, I used to be enlisted in the Marines. Is there anything I can do to help my chances?
Rcordeiro122592 is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:58 PM   #476  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcordeiro122592 View Post
Hi everyone,

Iíve applied to L3 several months ago for the SIC position and have been keeping the app updated. Currently have an ATP and 1800TT 1100 multi 1200 PIC. I donít have a current clearance, I used to be enlisted in the Marines. Is there anything I can do to help my chances?

With those numbers, they will reach out to you. Give them time. The clearance thing though... I'm just guessing, and this is my opinion, there is probably a pool of folks applying that already have clearances so you might have to contend with that. You have to remember, the company now has to pay for that in money and time.



On the bright side,with those numbers, someone will pick you up, no doubt.
weapon is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 06:29 PM   #477  
Line Holder
 
aeroengineer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weapon View Post
With those numbers, they will reach out to you. Give them time. The clearance thing though... I'm just guessing, and this is my opinion, there is probably a pool of folks applying that already have clearances so you might have to contend with that. You have to remember, the company now has to pay for that in money and time.



On the bright side,with those numbers, someone will pick you up, no doubt.
I was told even reinvestigations for people who currently have clearances can take upwards of a year for TS. Waaayyy behind is an understatement.
aeroengineer is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:59 PM   #478  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2014
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcordeiro122592 View Post
Hi everyone,

Iíve applied to L3 several months ago for the SIC position and have been keeping the app updated. Currently have an ATP and 1800TT 1100 multi 1200 PIC. I donít have a current clearance, I used to be enlisted in the Marines. Is there anything I can do to help my chances?
I was a former enlisted Marine with slightly more time than that and I got picked up. I had a current clearance but thatís not a showstopper these days by any stretch of the imagination. There other companies out there besides L3 and Dynamic. PM if you want some suggestions.
KA350Driver is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 11:38 PM   #479  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroengineer View Post
I was told even reinvestigations for people who currently have clearances can take upwards of a year for TS. Waaayyy behind is an understatement.
How odd. It seems like just yesterday that the white house was pencil whipping them out by the hundreds...
JohnBurke is offline  
Old 04-15-2019, 11:41 PM   #480  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroengineer View Post
I was told even reinvestigations for people who currently have clearances can take upwards of a year for TS. Waaayyy behind is an understatement.
I am not sure about the other companies, but L3 only requires a secret now. You can actually go some locations with only an interim.
StandardBrief is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:45 AM.