Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 10:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Tu-95 PIC

Looks like OPM is finally getting their act together. I just had a friend receive his interim within 90 days when we were all expecting 6+ months.

KA350Driver, as far as UAS goes, check your pm.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:40 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2016
Position: FO

I'm interested in ISR work, but my security clearance is really old and inactive and expires completely in a couple months. I'm still fairly low time just over 500 hours, most was low altitude mapping work. I haven't seen anything that I qualify for yet.

Does anyone know anything about Airscan? I heard they fly Skymasters
Old 12-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

So after reading the 40+pages it sounds like PCs make $725-$800 + per diem.

My questions are,
-How much is per diem?
-Do IPs, safety officers, or MPs make more or the same as PCs?
Old 12-09-2016, 09:52 PM
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Sos21 View Post
Does anyone know anything about Airscan? I heard they fly Skymasters
They sure did.

You'd have needed a tad more experience, and they strongly preferred a military background.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: SA-227, B-727, A-300, DC-8, all seats
Default Tell me about Dynamic ISR flying

Tell me about Dynamic ISR flying, please................

A friend is pushing real hard to get me on there as I meet all there requirements, so here goes - - - - please reply...............

What type/model of King Airs are flown; former US Army square window, unpressurized surplus U8's ??? 200's, 350's, how about the DHC-8's ??? - how is maintenance; good, bad, subpar ?? pressurized and air conditioning - do the autopilots work ?? aircraft have steam gauges panels or a EFIS set-ups, Garmin or Collins or Proline 21 FMS/Nav set-up, is all flying single pilot or PIC/SIC set up.

How do you get to/from your FOL - forward Operating location ???, USMIL C-130/C-17 or commercial airliner ??, or Ubanji Airways DC-3 !!!!!

Your FOL area - - clean, healthy food, water, ?? billeting - tents in the desert or on a US base, hot-cold showers, bathrooms, etc. ??, is internet/Skype/email available ???, a PX for sundry purchases, US mail ??

How is pay done - -direct deposit ?? when does pay begin and end ??, is there a monthly or trip pay guarantee, ?? is there a daily perdiem ?? is overtime available at a higher rate or bonus ??

A lot of questions, but please reply.

Happy Holidays

Wright cyclones
Old 01-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013

Hello all!!

I've been silently following this thread for a couple of years now as I've been interested in working for L3 for a long time. Unfortunately, I don't have a security clearance. I'm an ATP and currently sitting at 3100+TT, 2500+ PIC (with about 1500 of that pt135), ~2000 Multi, 200+ of night/inst, including international experience.

Just wondering the feasibility of getting hired with them either as FO or Capt, although I haven't seen any FO slots listed online this month...?

I'm willing to go to the airlines to get turbine time, but would prefer, if possible, to jump right into L3.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Hello all!!

I've been silently following this thread for a couple of years now as I've been interested in working for L3 for a long time. Unfortunately, I don't have a security clearance. I'm an ATP and currently sitting at 3100+TT, 2500+ PIC (with about 1500 of that pt135), ~2000 Multi, 200+ of night/inst, including international experience.

Just wondering the feasibility of getting hired with them either as FO or Capt, although I haven't seen any FO slots listed online this month...?

I'm willing to go to the airlines to get turbine time, but would prefer, if possible, to jump right into L3.
Never hurts to apply. I have flow with several civilian only guys or folks with prior DHS and DoJ clearances. PM the recruiter, you should find him on the SIC thread. My DoD Security clearance was archived but the company worked with me to get me back on line. Also try MAG, I sat next to one of their new hires on the contract flight heading home who was civilian only, never held a security clearance, and the biggest thing he had flown was a Caravan. Money is terrific, flying is easy, crews are easy going and widely experienced, and the time off between rotations can't be beat. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:40 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
Hello all!!

Yep, this is a great job and you will love it. With your experience you wouldn't be hired as an FO. Hiring mins are based on the contract that is being worked and if you have the numbers then you're hired as a Captain. I wouldn't limit myself to L3. Are they a good company? Sure, but for now you might want to get in the industry with anybody and move when it's convenient.

I spoke with a senior guy at MAG a year ago and they said they were having a difficult time getting the pilots with a security clearance. The solution was to start the security clearance and after waiting the six months or however long it took and then get the person into training. So its certainly doable. Just start now.

Also I had a person write to me out of the blue on LinkedIn and ask me how to get hired at my company. So I told him. You might try the same thing and see how it works. Can't hurt.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:40 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Clue32 View Post
Never hurts to apply. I have flow with several civilian only guys or folks with prior DHS and DoJ clearances. PM the recruiter, you should find him on the SIC thread. My DoD Security clearance was archived but the company worked with me to get me back on line. Also try MAG, I sat next to one of their new hires on the contract flight heading home who was civilian only, never held a security clearance, and the biggest thing he had flown was a Caravan. Money is terrific, flying is easy, crews are easy going and widely experienced, and the time off between rotations can't be beat. Good luck.
Wow! Thanks for the info! Yeah, my buddies who do this type of flying absolutely love it, and honestly, I never felt the draw for the airlines. I'm so glad to hear that they're willing to consider people who don't have security clearances already! I think the biggest thing right now for me is convincing my family

I've seen MAG mentioned a few times in recent pages, but I'm not familiar with them. I'll have to go dig up some more info... How long have they been over there doing contract stuff?
Old 01-13-2017, 04:51 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Shoot First View Post
Yep, this is a great job and you will love it. With your experience you wouldn't be hired as an FO. Hiring mins are based on the contract that is being worked and if you have the numbers then you're hired as a Captain. I wouldn't limit myself to L3. Are they a good company? Sure, but for now you might want to get in the industry with anybody and move when it's convenient.

I spoke with a senior guy at MAG a year ago and they said they were having a difficult time getting the pilots with a security clearance. The solution was to start the security clearance and after waiting the six months or however long it took and then get the person into training. So its certainly doable. Just start now.

Also I had a person write to me out of the blue on LinkedIn and ask me how to get hired at my company. So I told him. You might try the same thing and see how it works. Can't hurt.
Hahaha, thanks.. I was thinking that they'd bring me in as Capt, but without the turbine time, I was going to take the conservative route and go for FO.

LinkedIn, huh? I'm kinda behind the times.. guess I should build up a profile!

I think my biggest hurdle is convincing my family. I'm jumping into a jet jockey job close to home and plan to use the time to secretly convince them that the contracts are not a bad thing (I have plans... covert plans!). I'm thinking I'll try to start getting the ball rolling in about 6 months so that if all goes well, I'll be ready for training just as I finish up any contract at this place. Plus it'll give me a nice bit of turbine time, which definitely can't hurt my resume!!

Looks like I'm going to have to get more info on MAG.. I've seen them mentioned quite a bit in recent pages, but they're not familiar to me. In the past, I've looked into Dynamic, Avenge, DynCorp, AAR, and gotten a little bit of info on Berry (waaaaay outta my league!). Dynamic is a fallback I had been considering, but it sounds like MAG is a better deal from what I've seen.