Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 04:37 AM
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
Dynamic Aviation :: Pilots

Is this what you're talking about?

I started the application process with them and was told by someone at the company that they didn't pay as well, and a lot of their guys left for L3 for the pay. I've been told their locations are a little more diverse, so think other ****holes throughout the world outside of/ in addition to Afghanistans and Iraq, perhaps.

All of the overland ISR companies sound the same.

Fly turboprops at medium altitude on 60-90 day rotations in some undesirable part of the wold, live at the beach on your 60-90 days off. Repeat as required until you're done paying alimony, the kids finally turn 18, or you meet a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who can help you out with that problem you're having.
All correct
Old 03-27-2016, 01:31 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Thanks. I don't have a clearance at all otherwise I would be at L3. Was hoping to maybe get my foot in the ISR door here. Anyway, the reward always has to meet the risk so if the par is sub par it's not worth it to me. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by gopinjr View Post
Thanks. I don't have a clearance at all otherwise I would be at L3. Was hoping to maybe get my foot in the ISR door here. Anyway, the reward always has to meet the risk so if the par is sub par it's not worth it to me. Thanks for the reply.
I don't think I'd call the pay at dynamic subpar... I did the math and it was still in the 6 figure range. The only one with subpar pay seems to the Avenge SIC only position.

L3 is taking applicants without clearances now btw. The pay is still top notch there. MAG pays a little bit more but doesn't pay you in initial training, so it ends up being a wash.

What are your qualifications for the L3 gig?
Old 03-27-2016, 06:16 PM
On Reserve

Sent you a PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B757 Ca, Retired.

Originally Posted by Otterbox View Post
I don't think I'd call the pay at dynamic subpar... I did the math and it was still in the 6 figure range. The only one with subpar pay seems to the Avenge SIC only position.

L3 is taking applicants without clearances now btw. The pay is still top notch there. MAG pays a little bit more but doesn't pay you in initial training, so it ends up being a wash.

What are your qualifications for the L3 gig?
The pay at Dynamic is not bad, they will also do your initial clearance if they hire you. Full benefits and they are a great small family run company.

L3 Com is a big outfit and you will just be a number there, my friends there all love it.

True that MAG does not pay you during initial BE300/350 type training, but you do get perdiem and they have no training contract right now, just slightly lower pay your first 60 days down range.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:16 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by F224 View Post
The pay at Dynamic is not bad, they will also do your initial clearance if they hire you. Full benefits and they are a great small family run company.

L3 Com is a big outfit and you will just be a number there, my friends there all love it.

True that MAG does not pay you during initial BE300/350 type training, but you do get perdiem and they have no training contract right now, just slightly lower pay your first 60 days down range.

Thank you!
Old 04-02-2016, 04:22 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Anyone know if l3 will allow you to extend past the 60 days in country say do 4 months on 2 months off?
Old 04-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Not only let you do it but would probably give you a tickle in your happy place.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Gettin paid to fly

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: BE-350

If you wanted to fly that much, L-3 and probably any other ISR operator would love you! And OBTW, with our new pay raises at L-3,
a guy spending 240 days OCONUS would make north of 200k/year. Food for thought if making money is more important than being at home.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:33 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: B-200 Captain, CE-650 SIC
Default DoD Medical Waiver for DVT and Anticoagulants

Does anyone have any experience with obtaining a waiver for flying ISR with past DVT history and on anticoagulants like Xarelto or others?