Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 05:42 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by LowSlowT2 View Post
Anyone interview at Dynamic lately? What's the sim profile like? What's the interview portion like?
The profile changes but basic idea is to see that you understand a non-radar environment, as well as the basics. The prep email they send is spot on for the sim. Interview portion is mostly a resume review. Was no tech or the like for me. PM me if you have anything else.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Gettin paid to fly

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: BE-350

Interview portion was very relaxed in that there were no "hard questions." It was more like a conversation than an interview...from what I remember, they asked,
"Why Avenge"
"How did you hear about us"
"Do you understand the time/environment involved with deploying"
They also discussed the TA a length...make sure you are on-board, because they will hold you to it....at least that's what I inferred.

I think for a Mil guy such as myself some of these questions were glossed over because he knew I had "been there and done that" which helps answer some of those questions. And it's not bragging, but our experience there is a huge plus and takes away some of the "unknown" out of hiring a civilian only guy. Just my .02...I'm not a better pilot...I've just had the opportunity to go to 3rd world hell holes and hang out for half a year or so....
Sooooo, if you are a civ only, your interview experience might be different.

And now that I reread your post.....I see that you were asking about Dynamic!! Opps! my bad....but hopefully this will help any Avenge job seekers.....

Last edited by T45Heinous; 03-11-2014 at 08:12 AM. Reason: opps!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

My interview was, "No one this this much flight time has ever applied. I want to offer you a BE-350 Captain seat but you don't have a security clearance. I'll send it to HR and see if they want to pay for it."

Apparently, they didn't.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B757 Ca, Retired.

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
My interview was, "No one this this much flight time has ever applied. I want to offer you a BE-350 Captain seat but you don't have a security clearance. I'll send it to HR and see if they want to pay for it."

Apparently, they didn't.
Same thing happened to me...high time ex-Army/airline pilot but with the unknown future length of these contracts, upper management is reluctant to bring people on that need to have their security clearances updated or reinstated. So like Packrat, we are both "swimming in the pool".
Old 03-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Avenge or Dynamic?

How much flight time do you have?

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post

Apparently, they didn't.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B757 Ca, Retired.

Originally Posted by Junglejett View Post
Avenge or Dynamic?

Go back a few posts you will see in excess of 25k hours for Junglejett and over 13.5k for me. We both just want to help keep the kids over there safe.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by Junglejett View Post
Avenge or Dynamic?

Avenge...Just under 25K.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2010

I'm a high timer as well with over 22,000 hours TT. Retired Army helo, airline with a lot of transport jet and heavy turboprop time. I retired from the military in 03 with a TS/SCI TS Courier clearance. I've had phone interviews with Avenge and Dynamic and never heard from them again.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:21 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012

I believe they (Avenge) just posted on Climbto350.com for DHC-7 and King Air 300/350 a day or two ago.

Anyone know where the lack of a security agreement between the US and Afghanistan leaves contracts like this after December?

Last edited by DeadENDjob; 03-22-2014 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Added company name. . .
Old 03-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: BE350 PIC

There is other contracts the usual companies (Avenge, Dynamic, L3) either have or are pursing.

There should be work out there as Afghanistan dries up.

How's your Ukrainian fluency?