Old 03-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

Africa is reportedly "the next frontier" for these types of companies
Old 03-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

From what I have seen, the amount of flight time is really a non-player as long as you meet the minimums. Honestly, I could take a 1000 hour guy with some decent multi (300 hours or so) and he could be a PIC in 6 months. The flying is the EASIEST flying I have EVER done.

If I were hiring for any of these companies, if the guy with 25K hours is an a-hole, I would not hire him. No one wants to be stuck with a guy for 60 days in a not so great environment. I would hire the above guy if he was a solid dude and felt as though he would be cool to be around.

I will be honest, younger people have an easier go at the deployed type living too.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:50 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Actually, I had a job offer based on whether HR was willing to get my security clearance reinstated. They even had me pencilled in for a class date in February. Then I never heard from them again. I suppose they could call eventually....
Old 03-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: B757 Ca, Retired.

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
Actually, I had a job offer based on whether HR was willing to get my security clearance reinstated. They even had me pencilled in for a class date in February. Then I never heard from them again. I suppose they could call eventually....
Same here, still waiting...would love to do it.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

ping them again.

But...there might be a reason they did not bring you on. Not saying that's it...but.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: BE350 PIC

There was a guy in my new hire class that had been in clearance limbo for months. I know more than a couple guys who are in the same boat of no active clearance.

SSBIs aren't cheap.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

I got hired at Avenge in the fall of last year. They want ME Turboprop PIC. We have one retired airforce heavy jet guy here that had no prop time so they brought him in as a SIC. I only had a secret clearance and they upgraded it to TS/SSCI without blinking an eye. I will tell you it is no longer top tier pay, those days are gone. It is more than Dynamic and way less than L-3. If you are still reading this then keep hope. They are behind on everything from pilots to clearances and are needing to funnel people down range ASAP so I am sure they pick and choose the low hanging fruit that they can get through the pipeline fastest.

If your app is in and they have contacted you and lost touch then ping HQ for an update. They have many people running in many directions so someone falling through the cracks is common.

As for my interview it was no BS much like this..... Phone rings at 5pm caller ID says avenge so I go ahead and answer. Guy on the phone says you submitted an app with avenge. I say yes. he says are you still interested in flying here. I say yes, he says you realize what we do where we fly and our time away from home I say yes, he says can you make a class end of next week I say yes. Interview over welcome aboard. Easiest interview I have ever done. No exaggeration that is how long it took and what we said.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: BE350 PIC

Mine was slightly longer, but probably because I've been out of the cockpit for a couple years.

You are right with the low hanging fruit. Guys with active clearances get snapped up into classes pretty quick.

They are hiring V-22 guys now as well, had one in my KA300/350 initial class, I think he's in the same SIC until X hours Turboprop time boat.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: FO

I'm in a new hire class at a different company with a former Dynamic pilot. He says he didn't fly during the day in 2 years. I've certainly had my share of midnight to 6 am shifts, but wow!
Old 04-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: 320 Left

Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
I'm in a new hire class at a different company with a former Dynamic pilot. He says he didn't fly during the day in 2 years. I've certainly had my share of midnight to 6 am shifts, but wow!
That's entirely dependent on the program assigned to. I haven't flown a night flight in longer than that (excepting recurrent in the sim of course)...