Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

L-3/Dynamic/Avenge

Old 06-11-2014, 02:45 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Hoping to find out more about this type of flying from anyone who has done this recently. Current info on types of sorties, hours, lifestyle etc. Have flown as active duty Air Force throughout the region bit I imagine flying as a contractor would entail different challenges, would like to know more to see if I would be a good fit.

Current TS Clearance, 3700TT, 2500PIC, current military IP. Appreciate any info!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Junglejett View Post
Your post is irrelevant since I was talking about safety...not pay.
But you quoted a post about pay... So, in context...

Originally Posted by T45Heinous View Post
Not true....like I said I have 3 people I served with in military now flying in Africa making the same as someone makes in AFG. And depending on the companies involved might make more! It's all based on the contracts....just because it might not be deemed a hostile fire zone does not mean that the pay will be less. Apples and oranges when talking AFG vs Africa.
True and true. Apples to apples though, you need to know the contracts. Is there money in Africa? You bet. Is the pay comprised of the same things? Nope.

Originally Posted by Duksrule View Post
I think that this is one of those threads that unless you are in the know or are actually doing the job then you should stay on the sidelines or limit yourself to asking questions to those who are. I don't go into the FEDEX forums and tell them what I "think" because that and $1 will get you a soda.
I'll get off my soap box now. I just hate when people offer advice when they have no clue of what is really going on.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Petting Zoo

Anyone know what's going on in Tikrit? I think it's an L3 contract, but there are a lotta dudes teaching T6s in Tikrit, any word how they're doing?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

According to the news they were waiting on a plane ride out. This is a prime example that contractors are here to stay. We have no "military combat" troops in country but sure seems to be a lot of contractors looking for a ride. I will not be surprised when ISR birds start redeploying to the area to provide air cover. At least Obama got the PR shots of calling the war ended. Now we get to go back in and clean up his mess because he wanted to be able to say we were out of Iraq.

I think I saw one of the insurgents taking over Iraq shooting an American M-4 and talking on an Obama phone earlier on Fox News.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Pressing On

Originally Posted by Skids 1493 View Post
Hoping to find out more about this type of flying from anyone who has done this recently. Current info on types of sorties, hours, lifestyle etc. Have flown as active duty Air Force throughout the region bit I imagine flying as a contractor would entail different challenges, would like to know more to see if I would be a good fit.

Current TS Clearance, 3700TT, 2500PIC, current military IP. Appreciate any info!
Current TS is a huge plus. Liked the job immensely in most part. People, planes, and pay great. Living conditions ok but depends on location. Risks involved. In my opinion best way to gain/remain current and experience was well received at several major interviews. Glad I did it. But not for everybody. PM me if you have specific questions.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:31 PM
Gettin paid to fly

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: BE-350

Anyone recently interview with L-3 for OCONUS work? Looking for recent interview gouge (PM or open air is fine by me)! Thanks in advance!

T-45
Old 08-18-2014, 07:53 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: Captain/training officer

Avenge pay $24hr base for SIC in King Air. Type rating required and has a two year binder attached. Highest paid new hires are the Twin Otter guys at $36hr base. SIC=$300 day downrange DHC-6=<$500 day downrange.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: BE350 PIC

King Air PIC pays similar to DHC-6 & DHC-7.

The trick is to get hired as a PIC. I flew as an SIC for 90% of my last rotation, but at PIC rates.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:58 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Avenge Ab Initio SIC https://avengeinc.applicantstack.com...l/a28jmfq6o0bq

Is the two year commitment as an SIC a hard requirement? Can one upgrade to PIC earlier if they came onboard with very little FW time and performed well?
Old 12-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

I worked for avenge years ago. We had SICs that held up their end and the company kept putting up hurdles to make sure they didn't upgrade.

I can tell you that in all of my time flying ISR 1500 is a hard requirement from the government to be a PIC so it doesn't matter if you were the owner's kid you aren't upgrading.