CommutAir Rumors and Info

Subscribe
163  213  253  259  260  261  262  263  264  265  266  267  273  313  363 
Page 263 of 541
Go to
Dash 8 2018
When in 2018 will the -8 start going away? Beginning or end?
Question about the October 31st class: how many will go to Dash and how many will go to ERJ?
Quote: Question about the October 31st class: how many will go to Dash and how many will go to ERJ?
It is all jet.
Quote: When in 2018 will the -8 start going away? Beginning or end?
The quote below is written by our CEO in a letter to staff & crews about a new Fleet Management position (an excerpt from the letter). In his comments, he addresses the Dash returns- though it isn't extremely detailed. But it does address when the 300s are scheduled to begin returning to the lessors (implied the 200s are thereafter).

As you know, our 21 x Dash 8s are scheduled to depart, as their leases terminate, starting mid-2017. Aircraft returns, if not watched carefully, cost huge amounts of money AND disrupt every facet of the organization. And remember that at CommutAir, we will be returning the Dash-8s at the same as we induct 2 to 3 ERJ145s a month!

With that in mind, Andy Price has agreed to take on the Fleet Management role. His first assignment will be to develop and implement a plan to effectively manage the wind down of the Dash 8 operations, and return the aircraft to the lessors. This will include coordinating the timing and scope of major maintenance events for each aircraft to ensure compliance with
lease requirements, while concurrently considering the most cost efficient strategy to accomplish compliance. As well, meeting UA’s scheduling demands and the potential to accelerate ERJ145 deliveries may factor into the plan for the return of the Dash-8 aircraft.
Quote: It is all jet.
That may have changed, I believe during the last CP call somthing was said about it being mixed.
10/3 Class
Hi guys, quick question...

Is the oct 3rd class all jet?

How long does it take to get the UA travel benefits?

Thanks!
Quote: Hi guys, quick question...

Is the oct 3rd class all jet?

How long does it take to get the UA travel benefits?

Thanks!
Quote: That may have changed, I believe during the last CP call somthing was said about it being mixed.
you get travel bennies day 1. Your family gets them after systems I believe.
You get id90 and zed access after 6 months
What routes do the Jet's plan fly? I see IAD-BNA and IAD-SAV and IAD-JAX. do they plan to operate longer legs like this instead of legs like IAD-CHO ?
Quote: What routes do the Jet's plan fly? I see IAD-BNA and IAD-SAV and IAD-JAX. do they plan to operate longer legs like this instead of legs like IAD-CHO ?
I don't think the jets are sentinent beings. I could be wrong, though.
Quote: That may have changed, I believe during the last CP call somthing was said about it being mixed.

That is correct.....October class per the CP is a mix. my guess is there won't be many though who go to the dash.
163  213  253  259  260  261  262  263  264  265  266  267  273  313  363 
Page 263 of 541
Go to